1. Go to Setup.
[from remote] 2. Select the Preference Page.
3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVD Player remote.
--> It will show current region code [ for example 5 ] 4. Now Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free.
5. Press ok and exit setup.
Probably the same would be applicable for 3258, 3268, 3986.
It worked for me, one DVD Kamasutra was showing error due to Region code, really it works, on my broand new Philips DVP3326.
1. Go to Setup. [from remote] 2. Select the Preference Page. 3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVD Player remote. --> It will show current region code [ for example 5 ] 4. Now Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free. 5. Press ok and exit setup.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is not possible to unlock region codes. Most DVD (blue ray players) allow you to change the region code you can play, once. You can't even switch back to the original code it was set when you bought it.
If you really want to play disks, the only way to get around this, to rip the disc on a computer, and burn it on the computer, region free. For that you need special program m's, but in some countries you can get these programs for free.
Or buy several players, each set to a different region.
This player is relatively easy to change to region free. Please complete all of the steps below to unlock your DVD player.
Please note: Unlocking any DVD player may invalidate the warranty. Unlock sequences may not work with some firmware updates and some DVD players have been damaged through failed attempts to unlock them. Unlocking your DVD player is done at your own risk.
Unlock sequence for the Philips DVP 3020:
1. Switch on your TV and DVD player; 2. Make sure the TV is set to the correct input for the DVD player; 3. Remove any disc from the DVD player and close the disc tray; 4. Press the "SETUP" button on the DVD player remote control; 5. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys to highlight "PREFERENCE"; 6. Enter 1 3 8 9 3 1 using the numerical keys on the Philips DVD remote control;
A pop-up menu will appear on the TV screen.
7. Use the UP/DOWN arrow key and choose "0" for all regions;
That's it. You should now be able to watch DVDs from all regions on your player. It is also a good idea to switch the player to standby and then switch it back on before trying any discs.
This is a verified unlock sequence for the Philips DVP 3020. If it doesn't work the first time, switch the power off and start again at step 1. If it still doesn't work, it is likely that you have updated your Firmware to a new version and this unlock sequence does not work with your firmware version
If you need further assistance, please reply to me from within this page and let me know which firmware version you have installed in your DVD player.
This sounds like the old problem of your player trying to play a disc from another region, when your player is set for another. What you need to do is HACK the player and set it for ALL REGIONS (0), usually via the remote control.
Try this website for DVD player hacks: www.videohelp.com
You will find hacks for many makes and models listed here. Contrary to belief, it is NOT illegal to hack a DVD player.
1) Open the tray 2) Press SETUP on the remote. 3) Navigate to PREFERENCE menu 4) Go to PBC 5) Get in inside PBC menu so that ON is highlighted with yellow color 6) Key in 138931 and a menu will appear asking you to select region code. 7) Select REGION 0.