The television was on and I have directv, tivo, etc...
We lost power in our condo. When the power was turned backed on, everything came on, except the tv. We can't turn it on, it makes the noise, but only the stand by light flashes. I can't find my manual. I've changed the batteries in the remote, I've unplugged several times, nothing is working.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check the remote control for its infrared emission by pressing all buttons on it. Check it with fresh batteries. If it is found OK, check and replace the infrared sensor inside the TV. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Viewing it in "Mosaic" or "Magazine" will make surf easy. Surf the site with patience. Pull up older posts. Do a search by type in the brand name of your device at its search box. or "How to check a remote control" http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
If your DirecTV remote is in SAT mode and the power button isn't turning the receiver on and off, you will likely need a new remote. There isn't suppose to be any trick to getting the power button on a remote to work. However, only DirecTV tech support can confirm this. I would give them a call right away.
You can "manually" find your code by
1. pressing tv button on the remote
2. press and hold setup until TV button blinks twice
3. press 991, the tv button should blink once
4. slowly press and alternate the power and tv buttons until tv turns off.
5. press setup to lock in the code when tv turns off.
hope this helps,