Question about Kenmore 24 in. 16032 Built-in Dishwasher
The problem likely is the cutter/chopper filter.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket (Pop off 'keepers' at the ends of the slidding shelf supports).
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmily) centre post. Lift arm assembly out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back and one at top (Philips #2 screwdriver bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg to the right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post It can then be taken apart to clean.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up) Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 screwdriver bit). Lift whole plastic assembly out. Pop off the screen (Flat blade screwdriver around the edge) and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at left front (Under the just removed centre assembly). Remove (Star T-15 screwdriver bit) screw and cap (Needs a bit of wiggling to get it free). Remove cutter and filter ( a stainless steel disc with many holes in it). Tt is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and lift the filter straight up. Clean thoroughly. I then ran a 'quick rinse' cycle with everything out, to clean the inside.
6. Reassemble - Good luck! This worked for me.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2014 | Frigidaire Dishwashers
May 14, 2012 | Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
Sep 01, 2010 | Maytag MDB9750AWS Built-in Dishwasher
Aug 22, 2010 | KitchenAid Dishwashers
Nov 13, 2009 | KitchenAid Dishwashers
Jun 16, 2009 | KitchenAid KUDR01TJ Dishwasher
Feb 14, 2009 | Whirlpool 24 in. GU3200XTP Built-in...
Sep 18, 2008 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDS01FLBL Built-in...
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: