Question about Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
The dvd will nolonger read. Just runs and ruuns when I put in a dvd. Can I find instructions and how to replace and do you have what I need.
Before you try to replace that drive you may want to consider cleaning the laser on the drive. Its failry simple, especially since its a laptop disk drive, which are generally made the same and will cost fare less than replacing the drive. Drives tend to go bad after a couple of years collecting dust, simply because of dust covering the lens, impairing its ability to read anything.
All you'll need is;
Some Q-Tips probably one or two.
Rubbing Alcohol. (More Alcohol, less water, the better)
The Following is a picture of my own laptop Disk Drive, view it if you want to get an idea what the laser should look like.
Turn OFF your computer before procedding!
1) Open you disk drive, using the compressed air to remove any lightly placed dust from the drives surface. Give the interiore a blast as well.
2) Take your Q-Tips and slightly moisten them with the rubbing alcohol, if they are dripping wet try to take out some of the moisture. You can use water for this as well, but I highly suggest rubbing alcohol.
3) Take your alcohol covered Q-Tip and gently press it against the laser a few times. Let the alcohol sit for a few minutes and clean up any remaining moisture with the dry end of the Q-Tip. Wait a few more minutes, alowing any alcohol you couldn't get up to evaporate, it dries pretty quickly.
4) Insert a disk and test it out.
5) Downloading and installing new drivers never hurt either.
You'll want to look under CD/DVD and select your operating system above.
If this doesn't work for you or you don't whish to try this at all the best place to look is here. Under parts and upgrades or you could call/email/live chat their tech support.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Jan 10, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Oct 19, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Oct 04, 2009 | Dell INSPIRON 6000 CENTRINO...
Jan 19, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Dec 06, 2008 | NEC ND-6650A DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Mar 18, 2008 | Dell INSPIRON 6000 CENTRINO...
270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!