I have a sony str-dg820 receiver, a ps3 and a toshiba 32/37/42wlt58 TV. The ps3 connected to the receiver with a hdmi cable works fine with full surround sound and blue ray video. However I do not seem able to have the same success with the TV ie no sound from speakers. Have connected the tv to the receiver with a hdmi cable.
Any help would be welcome
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have this amp and mine does not have the latest firmware (indicated by a green or blue dot near the serial number) and it does not pass through Audio or Video when a 3D Blu-Ray is played in my PS3 although my TV (Sony Bravia XBR-52HX909) does say "3D Video Signal Detected." No audio or video ever plays but the PS3 looks like it's playing.
1. Connect cable to cable HD DVR box, connect video out of cable box to Sony receiver TV video in, connect audio L and R out of cable box to Sony receiver TV audio in and connect TV out of receiver to video in of Panasonic projector
2. Connect Audio and Video out of DVD player respectively to DVD in of receiver. Good Luck :)
Do you have set-top-box or antenna-cable directly to TV? You have connected TV with received via HDMI, but that won't work in this direction - TV has HDMI INput only, not output. You can use HDMI to connect HDMI-out on DVD player for example to HDMI-in on receiver and HDMI-out of receiver to HDMI-in on TV. But to get sound from TV to the receiver, use spdif optical or coax cable if TV supports that - this way you will get surround sound. But also your connection via analog white/red RCA plugs should work, but only for stereo sound.
Hook up Composite / Component Monitor Out wire from receiver to TV video input because receiver will not change analog input into HDMI You need to connect receiver and TV through analog video terminals as above. Actually you are expecting that receiver will convert DVD player and Xbox analog video input into digital HDMI signal for TV and This is incorrect.