Question about Dell W2600 26 in. LCD Television
Hi there I got your email from what you posted regarding the Dell W2600 on Fixya. I have the same issue that you had with your set not powering up. Unfortunately I gave up on Dell after hours and hours of wasted conversation with some one from India who is more interested in getting the TAG NUMBER or TAG ID I am getting nowhere with them. Please help me figure out how to fix the TV. Dell wont do anything because the person who I bought this TV from on eBay had removed the Tag number and Id from it the only thing it has is the serial number and Dell told me that they cant do anything for me. I am very frustrated since the unit is collecting dust on my desk for the past 2 months since Oct 2008. I tried everything with no luck especially without the tag numbers that dell wants. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME. I see that you got the same problem can you tell me maybe how and what you did to get yours fixed. I just want the TV to power up Please I beg you help me with this, the more I look at this TV the more mad I get cuz its sitting collecting dust please reply back to my email. And really Thanks in advance for any help or information regarding this :) I just want my TV to work again. Please email me back email@example.com
Dell will replace it if it's less than 3 yrs old but apparently their tech support people are clueless about this and have to be told what they need to look up. The replacement is a nice gesture except if you're like me and paid >$1,000 for this more than 3 yrs ago. I have had TV's > 20 yrs and don't reacall major problems with any.
These instructions were posted on the Dell Community forum http://en.community.dell.com/forums/
The following in and out of warranty TVs (W2600, W2306C, W2606C) with the No Power issue must go through Technical Support to initiate the exchange. Tell the technician to look up the following DSN document IDs to get the details on the in and out of warranty exchange process:
- 313698 Dell-Branded TVs Out-of-Warranty Repair Procedure - CTS/CBG/SMB/GTS-T/DOC. Tell them to scroll down to, Dell W2306C, W2606C, or W2600 TV Replacement for a No Power Issue
- 329986 TVs (W2600, W2306C, W2606C) with No Power. New exchange procedure - TV and Home Theater - Dell Community Forum
* Dell will cover this issue, regardless of the limited warranty status, for the W2306C, W2606C or W2600 TVs for 3 years from the original invoice date
* Once past the 3 year date from the original invoice date, we will not exchange the TV
* Units sent as replacements for this issue should be considered in warranty for 90 days after the replacement or for the remainder of the limited warranty term, whichever is longer
* You will need to provide to them the following information -
TV Service tag number:
TV Order number:
Reason: Dell LCD TV has the No Power issue
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 19, 2010 | Dell W2600 26 in. LCD Television
Dec 07, 2009 | Dell W2600 26 in. LCD Television
May 05, 2009 | Dell W2600 26 in. LCD Television
Mar 20, 2008 | Dell W2600 26 in. LCD Television
Dec 02, 2007 | Dell W2600 26 in. LCD Television
Aug 18, 2007 | Dell W2600 26 in. LCD Television
212 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!