You must be wondering why you are not allowedto convert and import DVDs to iTunes as it seems not such a bigchallenge which Apple could not resolve. And once you rip DVD toiTunes, the DVD movies could be available within the whole Apple-lineproducts: Windows and Mac iTunes library, Apple TV, iPod, iPhone, andeven iPad.
Soundslike it is possible to make the best of both worlds, however, Apple isnot likely to say yes, at least for the following three points:
1:The entertainment giant will kill every product that hurt theircopyright protection, even if their position isn't legally tenable,they could try to tie down Apple in expensive litigation.
2:Convert DVD to iTunes would not add up Apple's financial interest, butonly shrink the demand for its online iTunes Store. Apple could earnfrom $3 to $15 per click, depending if you rent or buy. So why not staywith the profits?
3: Because there are already so many freeware/shareware can do ripping DVD to iTunes.
Share 2 ways to convert and transfer DVD to iTunes for iPod and iPhone(3gs)
Part 1: Free to rip DVD to iTunes with VLC player
Step1: Insert your DVD and run your VLC Player. When you click the media,the Open Media Window will pop up and you want to click on the Disc tab.
Step2: Check DVD to make sure the disc device field specifies to theoptical drive with the DVD, and hit Convert/Save to start ripping. Tips:
* Click "convert /save", you are allowed to select a location for the ripped file.
* Remember to give the ripped file a name and a supported extension while you are browsing to the location Advantage
* Nice interface
* Easy to use Disadvantage
* Limited format
* Could only handle no copyright protected DVD
* Lower output video qualityPart 2 Convert DVD to iTunes with Daniusoft DVD to iTunes
Converter DaniusoftDVD Ripper is a nice DVD to iTunes Converter which can convert DVD toiTunes format and other video and audio formats fast and losslessly.
Free download Daniusoft Best DVD Ripper
, install and run it.
Step 1: Load DVD files, you will find all DVD titles be listed within 1 minute.
Step 2: Click Profile to choose .mp4 as the outputformat for iTunes. You are also allowed to customize frame rate, bitrate, resolution, encoder, etc in the settings.
Step 3: Hit "Start" to convert DVD to iTunes for your iPod and iPhone.
In case you wanna enjoy better DVD movies after conversion, you can use DVD to iTunes Converter as a video editing program:
Crop – Set the video zoom to 16:9/4:3/full screen.
Effect – Make special effect through brightness, contrast, saturation, built-in effects.
Watermark – Add text or pictures on the video.
* Supports both no copyright and copyright protected DVDs
* Supports various formats
* Utilize your multi-core CPU to speed up
* High output video quality
* Additional video editing including crop effect watermark, etc
* Design for feeling: "shut down computer after finish conversion".
* Easy to useDisadvantage
* A shareware that spreads their products with trail version
* No Linux version.