Can you give me data about the 600C03L (i think it's a regulator)
My old toshiba laptop is not working now ,i tested the device with another battery and it did not work for that even.
so i think it is the problem with regulator ,when i checked the circuit there was an IC similar to a regulator (600C03L) but i could not find datasheet for that IC any where in the internet.
please help me.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I will suspect the battery first. I make sure the battery I reseat the battery, make sure the charger is well plugged in and no damage to the cable. The next step is that I would test with a known good battery and if the problem still persist test with a known good AC charger. If the battery and AC charger and its cable/cord are determined to be good I will be thinking of big/expensive issue with main board which may not worth the trouble if the laptop is relatively old like 2 years
From what you describe and assuming the new battery was "new", I'd say you have an internal short which is draining the battery over a short period of time. I'd also investigate the accuracy of the battery charge indicator. Download this free utility which will give you a more accurate picture of your battery: http://www.mioplanet.com/products/batterymeter/
I'm assuming you gave the battery a "commissioning charge" when you bought and used it? If not, this is something you should do with all new LI batteries. This bit is reproduced from a website that sells batteries for the Toshiba satellite series:
"2. The new Toshiba Satellite a205-s4777 battery pack needs to be circled
(fully discharged and recharged) three to five times to reach its
3. Toshiba Satellite a205-s4777 battery will undergo
self-discharging when left unused for a long period of time. Thus, it
should always be stored in a fully charged state and kept in a cool, dry
and clean place.
4. It is normal if the new Toshiba Satellite a205-s4777 battery
gets warm when being charged or used. However, please pay special
attention if the battery pack becomes excessively hot. This may indicate
there is a problem with the charging circuit of the electronic device.
Please consult a qualified technician if necessary.
5. To maintain the optimum performance of Toshiba Satellite a205-s4777 battery pack, it is highly recommended to circle (fully discharging and recharging) it at least once a month.
6. New batteries are hard to be charged. Sometimes, your
electronic device may indicate a fully charged condition about 10 to 15
minutes when Toshiba Satellite a205-s4777 battery pack is being charged
for the first time. When this happens, remove the battery pack and let
it cool down for about 10 to 15 minutes then repeat the charging
procedure. Sometimes, the new Satellite a205-s4777 battery will
suddenly refuse to be charged. If this happens, a suggested solution is
trying to remove the battery from the device and insert it again. "
Usually that long beep is indicating a hardware problem. To eliminate the hard Drive, Memory and Keyboard when you get the Toshiba Splash screen enter the Bios and there are options to test the Hard Drive and Memory if the keyboard functions to let you make those selections then the keyboard is good. If all three are good then that leaves the Video and Screen. Usually you can enter into Safe Mode and look at Device Manager and see if you have any error indicators on critical devices. The system will not give you that error beep for a network card or Phone Modem issue but will do that if the cooling fan on the CPU or Graphics cards does not work. The CD faulting out will not give you that warning either. I have had a few computers give me this same situation and all I did was start them in Safe Mode and then reboot and the problem resolved. Most likely this problem is the Keyboard, hard Drive, Memory or a cooling fan issue. Depending on how old the computer is you may have a clogged cooling system, this is especially true if you have it outside or traveling a lot or have long hair pets.
This probably means that your HD has crashed. It's more than possible that you will have to replace the HD, which I advise you to do via a registered computers lab. If you still have a warranty for this laptop, I advise you to use it. This may cost a decent sum...
sounds like a complete motherboard failure with a lot of other problems.
if you remove the HDD ( turn the machine over. 2 screws on the right.slide drive out ) and mount it in an external caddy you should be able to use another machine to access the drive and probably get most data off it.
Hi I think your problem is with the battery ac/power voltage. Make sure of the right voltage for your Laptops is selected on the Ac/power device you are using. In other simple words, the high voltage causes the laptop to cut off as yours, and the soloution is that you try adjusting the voltage into a lower voltage. I hope this works!
You need to check that all of your sound devices are enabled. Most laptops will shut down certain devices when on battery to conserve power.
There are setting available to alter the microphone gain in the sound settings part of the control panel. Under Sounds and Audio Devices Properties. Check the sound recording section under audio, make sure the microphone is enabled and that the volume slider is not at minimum. Under XP there is a test hardware button that should help.