An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: desktop will restart when the current is off
It is most likely in the bios. You probably have a setting to start when the mouse is moved, a key hit on the keyboard or even the ethernet or wireless sending a ping signal to your pc to restart if you have that setup. All of these settings should be in the Bios under power options and UPS controls. It will not be the UPS itself I wouldn't believe.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would not recommend installing larger batteries to the device because the units charging circuit is design to charge a certain size batteries current rating. And the Software that?s build into the unit is calculated for the amount of current the original batteries were designed for. If you install a higher capacity (current) batteries you could damage the unit. The true amount of current left will not be true. Analogy would be like putting a bigger gas tank in your car. But leaving the same fuel gauge system in the new tank. Now the car?s fuel gauge will not provide you with the correct amount of fuel that?s really in the car's tank. Basically the same thing could happen to your UPS box.
it could be your uPS given the problem the mosfet might be spoil... as the temperture is high because of the transformer is not given the clean current to bypass the systems and the there not much air filter out from the ups depend on the condition of the room might be too warm.. there a higher chance was the mainboard problem well u check the sensor lst and also try to unplug and plug bk to restart the sensor... if it will not slove the problem check with the vendor to come down and check..
From your description it appears one or more batteries are bad..The circuit breaker on the Power Strip..which more then likely is a 15 Amp..tripped due to over current conditions..check the batteries and reset the circuit breaker..That should take care of it