a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ok if I understand what you are saying. You are going from your TVs audio jack into an amplifier TEAC AG-V8050 and then into the Sennheiser T1250 unit? This is done to amplify the sound so your wife can hear the TV via Infared into headphones I am guessing. The connections would have to be as follows.
TV RCA jack (Installed by someone to TV audio Output section, most likely the speaker) to the Amplifier TEAC AG-V8050 via RCA cable then from the Amplifier via RCA cable to the Sennheiser TI 250 IR Transmitter. The transmitter then takes the audio input and turns it into a digital signal which is transmitted via IR to headphones which your wife is using.
First of all the amp TEAC AG-V8050 is not needed. what happend here is the person doing the installation took sound off of a preamp to avoid having to deal with the TV volume control. This works but it makes matters harder.
So here is how you troubleshoot this problem:
1) Disconnect the amplifier and plug the RCA jack of the TV into the RCA jack of a set of amplified Mono headphones. (This is to determine if sound is coming from the TV)
If not the problem is in the TV audio section and you will need to take it to a TV repair shop.
2) If audio is coming through the headset the trouble is in the amp or the sennhiser unit. To test the sennhiser unit: plug the sennhiser into the audio out of a VCR and listen in the headphones for sound. If you have sound, the sennheiser is good and the problem may be in the amplifier, but if you do not have sound the the sennheiser is bad.
3)Connect the audio out of the VCR into the audio in of the amplifier and plug the output of the amplifier into the sennheiser which tested good with just the VCR alone.
If no sound is present then the amp is your culprit.
Once you find out which component is the problem, I would suggest finding a rapair shop here on FitYa to repair your unit or having an electronics technician come to you to fix the bad component.
This should help,
1) You may be able to reset the memory and get back to factory default settings by either unplugging from the power point and leaving it unpowered for at least 5 minutes - some products could require a few hours for memory to be reset. Alternatively your amplifier may have a reset funtion (usually a button or switch on the rear panel - see owners manual for specific instructions of your model)
2) Since your remote is broken, the cheapest option is generally to buy a universal remote control (available from may discount and electrical retailers) for around $10.00 enter the code for your particular amplifier and then use the amp as you did previously - you might like to double check that your brand/model is supported by that particular brand remote manufacturer - the better ones (read dearer) even allow you to down load the remote codes from the web (this would be overkill for your problem, but you might like to combine all your remotes into the new tricky one you will buy).
speakers are suitable to any amplifier, exept for the rating of it. (wattage) sometimes there are some speakers that are voltage needed. well you can use it as a subwoofer output for your tv for better sound.
just buy a aux splitter for the two amplifier, so that you could use them both.
hope I helped you for this.. have funn.^^