My pc wont recognize my sony ericsson z500a data cable
When I connect the sony ericsson z500a through a USB cable to the PC, a popup balloon comments that it was an "unknown device". in my despair too, I downloaded the mobile phone tools online, hoping that it'll also solve the problem but when the software undergoes initialization, it cannot detect the phone. I checked if there's something wrong with the cable and with the USB port, but nothing seems wrong with those.
I really hope you could help me so at least I can upload some of my files/pics and download some ringtones, wallpaper etc. in a more practical way. tnx!
Re: my pc wont recognize my sony ericsson z500a data...
There could be one of these problems..
1. your phone is affected by a virus.
2. change your messaging memory from mass memory to phone, some times this works, but not confirmed.
3. you said you checked the cable, have you connected the cable to some other phoen and checked? probably the female pins are gone, so it doesnt detect.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to Sony site and download the driver for your phone http://ma3-origin.extranet.sonyericsson.com/drivers/ Step 1 Remove data cable from usb and put it into a different one Step 2 Connect your phone to the computer with the cable and turn it on. You might see "Found New Hardware" wizard. DON'T let Windows search for the driver; point it to the driver you just downloaded, and install the drive on your computer. After the driver as installed you should be working 100%
On your phone you have to go to settings and under phone settings there should be an option to connect through USB or PC Connection option. This has to be selected before the computer will recognize the device is connected.