Question about Televison & Video
You should enter the set-up function and see if your TV is set to ANT (Antenna) or cable. It should be set to cable.
You could also check if there is an option to have the TV reprogram the channels it automatically switches to. It will be called 'channeld set-up, auto-program...soemthing like that. Since you can get them by messing with the settings we know it CAN get the channels, it just doesn't want to switch to them when you hit channel up or down.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2015 | Televison & Video
Jun 25, 2014 | RCA 46 46LA45RQ LCD TV
Programming channels automatically
Your TV can automatically detect all active channels and store them in
its memory. After the TV has stored the channels in its memory automatically,
you can add or erase channels manually.
To add channels automatically:
1. Press MENU, then press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to display the SETUP menu.
2. Press "Up arrow"or "down arrow" until the TV/CABLE
selection is highlighted.
3. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to highlight either
TV or CABLE, depending on which you use.
If you use an antenna, choose TV.
If you use cable, choose CABLE.
4. Press "down arrow" button until the CH PROGRAM selection is highlighted.
5. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to start channel programming. The TV will automatically
cycle through all the TV or Cable channels (depending on which you
selected), and store all active channels in the channel memory.
While the TV is cycling through the channels, the message
"PROGRAMMING NOW-PLEASE WAIT" appears.
6. When channel programming is complete, the message "COMPLETED"
7. Press CH UP or DOWN button to view the programmed channels.
Dec 14, 2010 | Toshiba 26HF85 26" TV
Oct 25, 2010 | Jensen TS2050J 20" TV
May 19, 2010 | Toshiba MD20F51 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
May 17, 2010 | RCA Televison & Video
Apr 24, 2010 | ViewSonic N3250W Television
Aug 22, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 15, 2008 | TruTech PLV1615T 15 in. LCD Television
Sep 18, 2006 | RCA F27628 27" TV
Feb 18, 2018 | Sylvania Televison & Video
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!