An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: OVERLOAD Message followed by receiver shutting down.
The First step in this would be to Check the Ohms Limit in the Manual and Compair to the Ohms on the Speakers that you are running and the Ones that came with it. Usually when you By the "Kit" the Speakers are Factory Matched with the Reciever. Let me Know!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are getting an overload problem, it indicates an output load issue. Turn receiver off! remove speaker wires from the back of the unit, this will reset the protection circuit. Now power up and turn your volume right down, If the word overload stays off it means there is a short in the wire or speaker. But! if the word overload comes on "even with the wires and speakers dis-connected" it indicates a short in one or more of the audio output ic's or transistors.
This means that one (or maybe more) of the amplifiers is shorted. Remove all speakers cables and try again. If you get the same message that means that one (or more) amplifiers is fried. To find which and why you will have to open the unit and test the amplifiers.
1. Short in the wire, speaker, or amplifier
2. Amplifier malfunction
3. Overload of the amplifier
4. Overload of the speaker
Listening to audio at loud levels requires more power obviously. But the speakers and amplifier may not be rated or capable to handle it due to age or design.
Poor wiring connections, bad wires or a bad speaker may cause this.
As you increase the volume, you will increase the amount of current you
are drawing from the receiver. To troubleshoot this issue, try the
Disconnect each speaker wire connection. Inspect for any frayed or damaged wiring and replace it.
Check the impedance of the speakers; make sure they are properly
rated for your stereo. In most cases, they need to be 8 ohms. Only a
few Pioneer receivers will support lower impedance.
If the problem still continues, try these steps:
Turn the receiver off.
Remove one speaker.
Turn the receiver on.
Increase the volume.
If the receiver overloads, repeat steps 1-4 (selecting a different
speaker each time). If you disconnect a certain speaker and the
receiver no longer overloads, have this speaker checked at a service
center. It could have a bad speaker component, like a tweeter,
sub-woofer, or even a bad crossover.
If your rec'vr worked with the original front and rear speakers, the new speakers are either defective or ar the wrong impedance.
Also, I find this confusing: "I connected the wiring for 1 of the front speakers to the connection on the rear of the receiver". This may indicate wrong wiring connection. Make sure you have connected the speakers properly
No, one of your speakers is damaged (could be an amp channel went bad, but speaker is more likely). Unplug all spkrs, then plug one in and see if it acts normal when turned up. Repeat this until all speakers are hooked up or the culprit spkr is found.
overload, usually means that is overloaded.
i've had the receiver for about 4 or 5 years now and never had problems with it. It was sitting ontop on my tv for those 4 or 5 years, and i haver noticed it untill just recently, (when i bought a new tv and i had to get a stand for it, and i had to stick the receiver in it)that is runs very hot, very quickly;
Maybe that is the problem you are having now, that the thins is older and maight be able to handle it as it id b4. Maybe you made some changes to your set up: new speakers, etc.