My LG VX8600 was working perfectly fine and then suddenly today it turned off and now when I press the power button, the verizon wireless screen turns on for as long as I press the button and then it dies again when I release. I tried taking out the battery and leaving it out and also charging the phone and the same thing happens. Any ideas on what the problem is and what I can do about it?
my lg chocolate VX8560B phone is having some problems and i DONT HAVE WARENTING, well every time i turn it on it would just show the verizon wireless lgo and keep on blinking.... it wont even go to my main screen..?? WHAT CAN i DO?? PLEASE HELP
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm having the same problem! It started today again. I've have this problem on and off for a while. Then all of a sudden the phone works fine. Try removing the battery...let it sit for a bit, then try to turn it on. Its worked for me before but is not working today. Sorry, I know how frustrating it is!
this is a common problem with all of the lg phones it seems. i contacted verizon about it and they gave me a new phone, worked for 2 weeks then started shutting off again. the only thing to do about this is to complain until they give you a choice of a different model or just dont buy lg next time...
I had the same issue, but knowing some things about computers, I took the battery out for about 3 minutes or so to let the phone lose any charge it had. Then I put the battery back in, held the send button in for a minute then pushed the power button and it turned back on fine.
I'm having the same problem with my verizon vx8600 phone. Only with a jabra bt350 (listed as compatible). It actually doesn't find anything at all, no phones, no headsets, no bluetooth enabled PC's. Not really sure what to do since I've discovered handsfree talking, I never want to go back
when that happened to me it could have been caused by two possible problems:
1) water damage. If you know it's not water damage, it still could be because if you had your phone in the bathroom while having a shower, steam can seep in and if it's one thing I noticed about chocolate flips they get water damage really easily.
------>>> If that is the case then you have to take your battery off and take a really fine ground sand paper and rub along the contacts (like the copper that is on the battery and the phone that touch when you put ur battery in) and that will rub off any kind of oxidization (rust) and possibly make your phone work. It happened to mine and I did that and it was successful
2) you could not be turning your phone off regularly enough. Technically, you are supposed to turn your phone off every night when you go to bed to give your battery time to re-vamp. Also, I was speaking with a rep from telus and they were saying that you should also turn your phone off during the day, just for a minute then turn it back on again and apparently it recharges the battery as well.
Hope this helps!! It only comes from personal experience so it all depends on the reason why it's doing that.
I have the same phone and it is doing the same thing, i called about it and i was told to bring it back to the dealer as it needs to have it's software up dated, he called it a "flash" I haven't had it done yet but will report back when and if it works for me.....