Yeasterday it worked fine, got my mailok then came back to it 2hrs later and it was off, and itn will not turn on.
1. no lights
2. no sound from hard drive
3. no souind or air movement from fans
4. power supply measures 19.2 not plug into the computer
5. battery checks 1 yellow 3 green
6 will not power up on ac or battery
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First find out if it is a laptop or a tower. If a laptop has to be sure that the power supply is the corresponding purchased, voltage, amps and Hz If not, the motherboard is out and you have to buy a new one. Also it could be that the problem was in the motherboard power connector. An important point when working with a computer or laptop is to be careful with the static and take proper precautions. Either way, and I recommend buying a new PC or laptop would be cheaper.
Im very sorry to hear that, please follow these simple steps for you to be able to isolate the exact problem.
1. Removed the battery.
2. Connect the laptop directly to the power outlet without using the battery just for the meantime.
3. Turn on the laptop. If the laptop is able to power on, that means that the AC adapter is working fine as well as the DC port. If the laptop is not able to turn on, it maybe the AC adapter itself or the DC port.
4. Try to use another AC adapter if possible, make sure that that AC adapter is working fine. If the laptop is still not turning on, the problem is with the DC port itself. In that case, you will need to replaced the Motherboard itself.
Hope this will help...Thank you for using Fixya...
1. Disconnect the AC Adapter. 2. Remove the Battery. 3. Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute. 4. Reconnect the AC adapter and do NOT connect the battery now. 5. Turn on the Notebook power.
If turned on, shut down the Notebook, insert the Battery and turn it on again. That's it.
With an extensive use of the notebook, some times notebook would store some static charges which indeed will stop the notebook from powering up or charging the battery.
Performing above procedure will not effect any personal data or delete any pictures from the hard drive on your notebook.
"I have M305D S4830 laptop. I put it to sleep in the night. In the
morning when i tried to turn it on, it wouldnt start. The light on the
switch turns on and it charges the battery fine, but no HDD activity(but
it does spin up and stay), no screen, nothing. The fan turns on and
then turns off in 1 sec and then just the power indicator lights stay
on... i also checked cmos battery, removed it and put it back.its
voltage is also fine..."
Hello PPL! Maybe this WILL HELP you! I HAD absolutely the same problem >> 3 months of god **** stress, didn't find any solution, till one day i found on my Recovery CDs one note!! >> It sounds like: "BEFORE pressing power button, HOLD 'C' button and while Holding 'C' button push POWER Button ONCE!! to start Laptop, KEEP Holding 'C' button!!! untill appears TOSHIBA screen!" then release 'C'. After that, it will appear "Operating System not Found">>then just do a restart by pushing Power Button and Start again! For me, It Worked!! and i'm god **** happy now)...let me know if it Helped you, Good Luck!
1. Remove all USB devices such as printers, mp3 players etc etc.
2. Remove the power-cable and the battery
3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
4. Put the power-cable back in but not the battery and none the USB devices.
5. Turn the computer on
The beeps are part of the POST (Power On Self Test). For whatever reason, HP does not do a great job telling us exactly what their POST beep codes mean. The only thing I could find was that the 1 long, 2 short beeps on the AWARD BIOS systems means a failed video adapter. I think there is a good chance this is your problem. You will most likely have to contact HP to get it repaired.