- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The typical cycle is; fills to selected water level agitates wash cycle drains wash water spins wash cycle fills to selected water level on rinse cycle agitates on rinse cycle drains rinse water spins final time end of cycle
Please be carful as running the agitator without enough water will overheat and kick out the motor, however it should be ok when it resets itself.
Yes, the machine should stop agitating when you lift the lid so this too is part of the problem.
After looking at the print I can only suggest that the cam contacts in the timer ( contacts 12 and 14) that start the motor are burned and stuck together.
Let me know how it goes. I'm still thinking and searching my repair manuals! Huuum Please remember to leave a rating!
KENMORE ELITE TOP LOAD
Washer stops, won't fill, rinse or agitate
• Check the following:
Is the power cord plugged into a grounded 3 prong outlet?
Is the indicator on the Cycle Control knob properly lined up
with a cycle? Turn the Cycle Control knob to the right slightly
and pull to start. Are the water inlet valve screens clogged?
Are both the hot and cold water faucets turned on? Is the water inlet hose kinked?
• Does the water level seem too low, or does the washer
appear to not fill completely? The top of the agitator is
much higher than the highest water level. This is normal and
necessary for clothes to move freely.
• Has a fuse blown or is the circuit breaker open? If problem
continues, call an electrician.
• Are you using an extension cord? Do not use an extension
• Is the washer in a normal pause in the cycle? The washer
pauses for about 2 minutes during certain cycles. Allow the
cycle to continue. Some cycles feature periods of agitation
• Is the washer overloaded? Wash smaller loads.
• Is the lid open? The lid must be closed during operation.
Washer will not agitate or spin with the lid open.