I have downloaded and manually put all the internet required data in my new nokia 8800. but when I try to go online it keeps telling me "invalid gatewayIP". what have I input incorrect???? I called att US and looked on nokia site but I dont seem to see what I need to do...... I would so much appreciate any help on this..... Thanks and happy newyear!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
All Nokias has a unique configuration process which can be found within the setting sub manu. simply go to your phone manu, select setting, select connectivity, and open pocket data options. under pocket data section, select "always available" and within the same section, choose the ISP (Internet Service Provider) network and/or GSM network you are subscribed to. If this doesn`t work, contact your GSM and/or Internet Service Provider for additonal help.
Do check the manual settings.Internet connection can be done through Wifi or mobile data.If you are trying through Wifi..switch ON the Wifi in your Nokia Lumia 520 and it will automatically detect the nearby WiFi devices..select the one that you desire and provide the necessary password authentication if required..you will be directly connected to the internet.
If you choose mobile data...try to get a 3G or 4G speed sim since it is faster..and do the respective settings if any, by contacting your network provider.You will be connected to the internet.
You can get the upload and download speeds using Scanmyspeed.com
2) Open Dial-Up Connections. Delete all Orange Settings.
3) Open Proxy Connections. Delete all Orange Proxy Settings.
4) Create PROXY CONNECTION: Description: mMode Connects from: The Internet Connects to: WAP network Proxy (nameort): 10.250.250.54:8080 Type: HTTP Username: (blank) Password: (blank)
5) Open GPRS Connections. Delete all Orange Settings.
6) Create a new GPRS CONNECTION Description: ATT GPRS Connects to: The Internet Access point: proxy User name: (blank) Password: (blank) Primary DNS: (blank...will later default to 0.0.0.0) Secondary DNS: (blank...will later default to 0.0.0.0) IP address: (blank)
7) DATA CONNECTIONS Internet Connection: ATT GPRS Work Connection: Automatic WAP Connection: Automatic Secure WAP Connection: Automatic
8.) In Internet Explorer, Menu>Options>Connections Auto Detect Settings: Unchecked Select Network: Wap Network
9) MMS SETUP. Inbox>Menu>Options>Account Setup>MMS>Menu>Edit Connections. Delete any Orange Settings that are there.
10) Menu>Add Description: ATT MMS MMSC Address:http://mmsc.mobile.attwireless.net Data Connection: The Internet Gateway: WAP 1.0 Gateway IP Address: 10.250.250.100 Port: 9201
11) Click Done twice to return to the MMS Setup Screen Server: ATT MMS Download Messages: Automatically Outgoing Message Size: Less than 100KB Allowed Message Types: Personal Click DONE. Cingular Settings
***First Step*** 1.Main menu --> Select Services 3.Select Data Account --> Select GPRS 5.Select the first entry 6.Edit the account name to whatever you would like 7.Edit APN to wap.cingular (lowercase) 8.Edit Username to WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM (UPPERCASE) 9.Edit Password to CINGULAR1 (UPPERCASE) 10.Edit Auth Type. to Secure 11. Save
Select Back --> Select Back
Select WAP 1.Select Settings --> Edit Profile 3.Select the first entry --> Edit Profile 5.edit the name to whatever you would like 6.Edit Homepage to http://device.home 7.Edit Data Account to the Name you established in the First Step 8.Edit Connection type to HTTP 9.The IP address is 066.209.011.032 and the port number is 8080 10.Edit Username to WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM 11.Edit Password to CINGULAR1 Select back or done Select Activate Account
You should now see a Black [G] in the upper left of your screen.
Select Messages --> MMS --> Message Settings Select Server Profile Select the first entry Select Edit Profile Edit Rename Profile to whatever name you would like Edit Home Page to http://mmsc.cingular.com Edit Data Account to the same data account you created for WAP Edit Connection Type to HTTP the IP address is 066.209.011.032 and the port is 8080 Edit the Username to WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM (UPPERCASE) Edit the Password to CINGULAR1 (UPPERCASE)
Select Done or Save Make sure to activate the profile and you are good.