- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Vzon DVD Player,
Before you fix anything, you need to troubleshoot the problem first to know what needs fixing. Since DVD players can play different kind of media formats like Audio CD, VCD, mp3, etc, please try the following
1. Turn on the DVD player and set the program to DVD. some player needs to be setup due to multiple functionality (can play mp3 on flash drive, etc..)
2. insert different Media CD as mentioned above if your player will play them. (if they play, try to insert the DVD you want to play)
3. Try different DVD disc
4. If all the above don't work, try to clean the laser head using the standard disc cleaner.
5. retry the DVD disc
6. If the player still don't play your DVD, probable issue would be the laser head or the disc motor.
7. Please bring them to you nearest Electronic repair shop for further assessment.
Many DVD players are preset to one region and if you use a DVD destined for any other region, the player will refuse to play. Some players have the option to change this to universal mode. Check your player's manual if yours has this facility.
Yes. You can play VCD movies and and Audio CDs on most players.
I AM HAVING A DVD PLAYER 3166 . MY DVD PLAYS CD /VCD/MP3/JPEG AND USB. BUT WHEN I INSERT A DVD VIDEO IT SHOWS NO DISC ERROR. BUT CD IT ACCPTING.KINDLY HELP ME OTHER WISE TELL ME WHERE SHALL I GET IT REPAIRED . PLEASE GIVE ME THE PHONE NOS OF PHILIPS CUSTOMER CARE THANKS, G.SEKARAN, CHENNAI
If you are using just a "yellow" ended cable for the video, maybe your custom settings are set to use "component"? I have been using this same dvd player for a while with the component video out and it works fine. I hope this helps.
How about cleaning using compressed air( it looks like an aerosol paint can)? Cleaning using cotton buds will only clean the outer side of lens, compressed air in can will clean the inner side of the lens. its like cleaning you computer keyboard, ( actually compressed air in can are used to clean the keyboards). A 30psi pressure of clean air is enough to wipe the dirt out of dvd lenses.