Question about ATI All-in-Wonder X800 XL, (256 MB) PCI Express Graphic Card
Friendsi have a problem in ATI X800XT when my computer start .so my computer display is automatic hide....and call of duty isnot playing on this card
The fix starts by first doing a "deep uninstall" of all ati
drivers and programs present in the affected computer computer,
remember to remove al ati related programs from control panel's add
remove utility, including the whole multimedia center. And finally
reinstalling the new drivers.
You should have downloaded the most recent catalyst drivers from ATI that are available for your card.
Now proceed with the "deep uninstall" following this directions, taken from somewhere on the internet, thanks to the one who wrote them...
1. Go into the Control Panel and under the ADD/REMOVE SOFTWARE icon uninstall the ATI Multimedia software and/or the ATI DVD software.
2. Uninstall the ATI drivers also found in the Add/Remove section. Once removed, it will prompt you to reboot....do so.
3. When returning to windows, the NEW HARDWARE FOUND wizard will come up and will tell you that it has found a new VGA card and will prompt you for drivers. Hit CANCEL!
4. Now, go to START - SEARCH - FOR FILES OR FOLDERS and do a search for all files and folders using the filename ati*.*
This search will normally give you 3 to 4 files found in your c:/windows directory and subdirectories (including the Windows/System directory). Select these files and erase them. Now go to your Recycle Bin and Empty your bin.
5. Next...time to go to your Registry. Go to START -- RUN -- regedit
Here go to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- SYSTEM -- ControlSet001 -- Control -- Video . Here there should be 4 entries. 3 of them are default Windows XP entries and the 4th one is put in by the ATI drivers. Expand each one by one until you see ATI entries. Once found, erase the entire key.
Now repeat the same step above for the ControlSet002 key and the CurrentControlSet Key. Normally, whenever you erase a key in the ControlSet001, XP automatically deletes it in the CurrentControlSet section too. So if the ATI key is not found in the CurrentControlSet section, don't worry about it.
Once all keys are deleted, proceed to the next step.
6. While still in the registry, go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- SOFTWARE section. Here you should find an ATI Technologies key. Select it and delete it. In that same section, look for an Installed Options key. Expand it and there you should find another ATI Technologies key. Select it and erase it.
7. Still in the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -- Software and there you should find another ATI technologies key. Select it and erase it. Once all this is done, close the registry. the registry is now clean. Though you might want to even run a registry cleaner, like the one included in the freeware program CCLEANER, it's very good, can be undone and it's safe enough to use it almost blindly.
8. Close all windows and reboot.
9. When in windows after the reboot the NEW HARDWARE FOUND WIZARD will pop up again. Cancel that. Now find the new ATI drivers that you have downloaded and extracted and run the SETUP file. Once complete, reboot and you are done. You may want to reinstall your ATI MMC software and DVD software if you use them. DONE!
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2011 | ATI All-In-Wonder X800XT 256MB GDDR3 AGP...
Jan 30, 2011 | ATI Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition AGP Video...
Feb 23, 2010 | Uniden Computers & Internet
Jul 26, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 30, 2008 | ATI RADEON 9550 Graphic Card
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: