- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing as the Video output settings on the DVD Recorder is set incorrectly. Please perform a power resetting by following the below steps and check the operation. To perform power resetting, unplug the DVD Recorder from wall outlet for more than 5 minutes and press and hold the Power button for more than 15 seconds. It will discharge power from all circuit and move the Recorder to factory default.
Thanks for understanding. Please let me know if the issue persists.
Press Setup,Right Arrow,Press Down 3 Times,Then Enter 2 times this should reset factory settings, I Hope This Is Correct As I Realize You Cant See The Menu But I Studied The Manual And Wrote Out The Exact Key Movements To Navigate The Restore Factory Settings menu. Hope This Helps Sincerely, Michael Scott
I have a manual, try going into Setup mode then go to Custom Setup. In the drop down box, go to Default and by selecting this your player should default to factory default settings. The password then is set to factory default "8888". Under the Parental Control section of the Custom Setup Menu, you may try selecting bullet "8" also. Hope this helps.
I finally, after several months of just giving up, figured out how to get my Protron 007 DVD player to work. I hope this works for you. I have a Sanyo TV with the video controls on the front. Here are the instructions that worked for me.
1. Turn on TV
2. switch TV to video
3. Wait for "Protron" screen (Try the PSCAN button it doesn't show.)
4. Press setup and a menu will appear with 4 icons: Language, TV, a Hammer, and an Exit icon.
5. The only two icons I needed to use were TV and the Hammer.
6. TV icon: 4 choices: a) TV TYPE = choose 4.3 LB (mine was not set there); b) TV SYSTEM = NTSC; c) VIDEO = CBBS + S - video; d) DIGITAL OUT = SPDIF/RAW.
7. HAMMER icon: 4 choices: a) PARENTAL - 8; b) PASSWORD - I didn't choose one; c) ANGLE MARK: ON; d) DEFAULT: Read.
Suggestion: If that doesn't work trying playing around with the settings to see if you can get the right combination.
I hope I made your day. I know how frustrating this can be.