Question about Symphonic SR90VE
FYI, I did the 8x upgrade and the unit became flakier. So one time it handled 8x discs and the next no. So it went from very stable to hit or miss. Redid the update and the same problem.
2x RW discs work ok in it and can be read, edited, and formatted in my newer recorder that handles 16x discs.
Posted on Jan 15, 2018
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 16x DVD-R
I too need the upgrade for my Sylvania SRDV495. Could someone please
send me the upgrade too or send me a link to let me know where to
download if from. THANK YOU!
Posted on Apr 06, 2008
This unit is too old and too basic to handle 16x speed. However, there is a firmware update for this model DVD/VCR to record on 8x.
All you have to do is call the toll-free number in your manual and request it. They will send you an update disc.
Here is the basic procedure after you receive the update disc:
1. Turn on your TV and your combo unit. The tray should be closed. The unit must be in DVD mode.
2. Quickly press the sequence CM Skip, 6, 5, 4 (This will switch it into firmware update mode. The tray will eject automatically.)
3. Insert the disc and push the tray back in.
4. The update will begin. It will take approx. 2-3 minutes. It will tell you when it is complete and eject the tray.
5. When it is done, remove the disc, but DO NOT close the tray. It will go back in later. Turn the power off.
6. Wait a few minutes and when the tray goes back in wait about another 10 seconds and then you may turn the unit back on.
Firmware update procedure is now completed.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
you can go to web page from Symphonic see your instru. manual and see the information.
or download the instr. manual from www. retrevo.com
God bless you
Posted on Oct 16, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2012 | Symphonic SR90VE
Sep 11, 2009 | Emerson EWR20V4 DVD Recorder/VCR
May 28, 2009 | Apple Genuine Pioneer "SuperDrive"...
Jul 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2008 | Emerson EWR20V4 DVD Recorder/VCR
Jun 01, 2007 | Emerson EWR20V4 DVD Recorder/VCR
Apr 12, 2007 | Samsung DVDR120 DVD Recorder
Oct 27, 2006 | Sony DRU-710A DVD±RW Dual Layer...
163 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: