Cant conect hp psc 1315v printer to Vista computer
Basically when I run the install cd it gets to step two and tells me that "This software cannot be installed using the 'Run as...' command. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved." And I dont know how to get around it, I am the admin on the computer but I continue to have problems.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: cant conect hp psc 1315v printer to Vista computer
Hi m_andrews2, try this method. Do not use your CD that came with the printer. Go to this HP link; http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support Make sure the HP PSC 1315 printer is connected to the PC & powered on. In step 1, click your mouse in the empty circle next to "Download drivers and software (and firmware)". Than in step two click the button, "Start Detection". Allow HP to scan your system. HP will find your printer & start downloading the proper software & install it. Watch your screen you will have to give permission to HP. You shouldn't get an error message.
Good luck m_andrews2!
If for any reason you do just let me know.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
yes (free) and the latest software!
1. Go to HP.com
2. Don't be talked into going anywhere else except the manufacturer's site
3. Select "Suppoer & Drivers" on the top bar on the HP.COM website
4. Select: "Step 1: Download Drivers and software (and firmware)"
5. Enter (in Step 2): PSC 1610
6. Enter your Operating System (Probably Vista, not Vista 64)
7. At this point, choose (click on) "HP PSC Full Feature Software and Drivers"
8. It will download the entire software. When done (maybe more than 10 minutes to download), "Run" the downloaded software.
9. If you are not in a hurry, you can also order the replacement CD from that web page (Free).
You can find the software/drivers for this printer on the HP website. Click on the support section, lookup your model # & download the package you need for your operating system. Hope this helps & please remember to rate my answer. Thanks.
Go to this site http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=374568&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us and download the drivers for the Windows Operating System install on your computer. After saving the file to your downloads, double click on the file and install the program and your printer should function great. Bud