Question about Kenmore 63993 Microwave Oven
Just over one year old over the stove type stopped heating, I read here that it was the fuse so i looked for the location of the fuse found it and ordered one on line , it took weeks i finally got the fuse a 20 amp and replaced it but the problem persists. I read somewhere that it may be a different type of fuse not the tube looking one easy to find, like a sensor or a thermostat? everything inside looks like new so maybe someone can guide me? I truly appreicate it would be a shame to dispose of an almost new one and I know that calling a service man is just about the oost of a new one
Thanks for the additional information. That did it.
With the symptoms you have, I would most strongly suspect a shorted high voltage rectifier diode or a bad magnetron.
The diode is a fairly cheap fix, and the mag will cost more.
If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
Here are some links you or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:
(if it's not shorted or burned, it's probably okay)
You can find Magic Chef parts here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2016 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Aug 29, 2011 | Magic Chef MCO160UB Microwave Oven
Oct 14, 2009 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Jul 28, 2009 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Jan 08, 2009 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Nov 24, 2008 | Maytag MMC5000 Microwave Oven
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: