Question about Adaptec Cables & Converters ACK-68I3-LVD-LP-Round-U320 Int ULTRA320 SCSI 3-Position Cable (2017100)
All, I am trying to solve a SCSI bus problem and could use some help to determine if the problem is the drive, or the configuration of the controller, or other.
The configuration is as follows:
SCSI Adapter - Adaptec 2940UW w/internal 68 pin & 50 pin connector
- SCSI Termination Setting - Automatic
On the 68 Pin
- 68 pin ribbon cable, 3 connectors, first to the SCSI Host Adatper, second connector open, third connector connected to a Seagate SCSI drive
On the 50 pin ....
- 50 pin ribbon cable, 3 connectors, first to the SCSI Host adapter, second connector open, last connector to a Tandberg TDC 4120 tape drive
When booting, I
During the boot, I can hear the tape drive and disk drive power up, and respond to initialization commands.
When I run the SCSI disk utilities, every device probe will FAIL with a "unexpected timeout error".
Diagnostic Things tried.
- I remove the Tandberg tape drive. The Seagate disk now responds to the inquiry command, the SCSI disk utilities work, and the machine will recognize the disk and work "normally".
- I re-attach the tape drive, and remove the disk drive. I have the same timeout error as described above using SCSI disk utilities. If I just let the machine try to start (don't
Suggestions? I think it is either a termination problem, or the drive is bad. Do I need to change the host adapter termination settings from Automatic to "low/low", "High/Low", "Low/High", or something else?
Thanks in advance,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2015 | Tandberg Computers & Internet
May 13, 2013 | Tandberg Data 80-160gb se-scsi vax-2 tape...
Dec 10, 2010 | Adaptec APD-29160 MAC 64 BIT PCI SCSI...
Oct 21, 2009 | Tandberg Data 200/400GB 420LTO LTO2...
Aug 11, 2009 | Tandberg Data SLR 3 SLR Tape Drive
Jun 01, 2009 | IBM Netfinity 5500 M20 4RY (86624RY)...
Oct 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 03, 2008 | Tandberg Data 200/400GB 420LTO LTO2...
May 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
302 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: