Question about Compaq Evo D500 PC Desktop
1. how to open the case?
2. What is the most appropriate size of harddisk could I use?
That really depends on what your needs require. You can buy anywhere from a 20 gigabyte hard drive up to a terabyte. If you are a casual user than an 80 gig should be more than enough. Although it depends on what your budget is as well, keep in mind that when buying brand new hardware the older stuff is more expensive and the newer stuff is less expensive. You probally require an IDE hard disk which falls under the 'older category.' The new hard disks are SATA drives ( the connecting wires are different) I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
If you wanna open whole case then:
Turn the notebook upside-down.
* Remove the 3 Torx T-8 screws located towards the front of the computer.
* Turn the notebook right-side-up.
* Lift the LCD to its upright position.
* Carefully lift up the palmrest making sure not to tug on the mouse's ribbon cable and let it rest on the keyboard. WARNING! If you tug on the cable you will disconnect the mouse and it is NOT EASY to reconnect!
* Remove the 4 Torx T-8 screws that mount the hard drive in place.
* Gently lift the hard drive up a few inches and remove the ribbon cable attached to the hard drive.
* Remove the 4 Torx T-8 screws that mount the hard drive to its bracket.
* Remove the hard drive from its bracket.
* Place the new hard drive into the bracket.
* Attach the 4 Torx T-8 screws that were removed in STEP #8.
* Attach the hard drive ribbon cable to your new hard drive.
* Seat the new hard drive into its compartment.
* Replace the 4 Torx T-8 screws that were removed in STEP #6.
* Replace the palmrest, making sure it snaps down into place.
* Lower the LCD.
* Turn the notebook upside-down.
* Replace the 3 Torx T-8 screws that were removed in STEP #2.
if you just wanna open HDD case then just follow selecting above instruction.
And for HDD size.
if depends on your using perpose:
if it's for general use then 80-100 GB is enough if its for graphic or gaming propose then you need to consider more than 200 GB and RAM too.
Thanks and do not forget to rate answers.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 24, 2012 | Compaq Evo Workstation W6000 PC Desktop
Dec 11, 2010 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
Apr 25, 2010 | Compaq Evo D510 Minitower (Open Box)...
Jan 10, 2010 | Compaq Evo N1000C Notebook
Sep 30, 2009 | Compaq Evo D510 Minitower (Open Box)...
Aug 13, 2009 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
Apr 27, 2009 | Compaq Evo D500 PC Desktop
Jan 20, 2009 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Dec 30, 2008 | Compaq Evo Notebook N400c
389 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: