Did you ever send a message to the unintended recipients? And wondered how you could take the message back. This tip will help "Recall" a message. If you are using Outlook (specifically 2007) this will guide you how to take a message back from unintended recipients.
Here are the good things about this feature:
* You can recall the message that was sent to unintended recipients.
* You can recall the message that you were not yet suppose to send. Probably you are not yet done writing or you accidentally hit the send button.
* You also have an option to recall the message that was sent and replace it with a different message.
This is a down side with this feature. If your message was already opened or read by the recipient, you will not be able to recall the message.
Now here is how you do the "Recall" in Outlook 2007:
1. Go to your "Sent Items" and open the message that you can to recall.
2. On the menu bar click "Other Actions" and click on "Recall this Message".
3. A small window will pop-up and you will have different options on how you will recall the messages. Here are the options:
Delete unread copies of this message
- Delete unread copies of this message.
- Delete unread copies and replaced with a new message.
- Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient.
- Will only recall the message and delete it. Delete unread copies and replaced with a new message
- This will recall the message and will give you an option to put in new reply. This is like make a new reply that will replace the original message that is being recalled. Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient
I recommend that you leave this setting checked to make sure that you will receive a confirmation if the recall succeeded/failed for each recipients.
I would like to emphasize that the recall will only succeed if the message was not yet read or opened by the recipient/s. I hope this will help you guys.