Question about AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Try this method
When your device fails to start, it show one of these symptoms:
1. Totally dead.
2. Trying to restart, LED activity only.
3. Failed to start, a white screen with an error message.
1. Physical damage, water is the worst enemy of delicate electronic device. Try drying it with a desiccant and replacing the battery. If there is no activity, you can still try the last ditch technique, nothing to loose anyway.
2. Your device is not able to start, something has gone wrong and the OS is corrupt.
3. Geeks call this an "Uncaught exception error". That is a polite way of saying, the last thread has terminated, the OS has halted because it is corrupt.
In many cases, the Application Loader can be used from Desktop Manager or Windows.
If that fails to connect, there is one final solution. Go Old Skool ...
The good news, starting from scratch, you will be back in service in a couple of hours.
Note: Windows 7 beta is not compatible with these instructions.
2. You need to install a BlackBerry OS file that is specific to your device. The original version, as supplied by the carrier, is the safe choice, but you can use any model specific version.
3. Once the OS has been installed, you have to prepare it for the device.
Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon.
Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader.
Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file.
4. You are now ready to restore your device. Verify that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running. Plug the device directly into the computer's USB port.
We are about to venture into the bowls of the beast. Windows is not suitable for this job, we are going to invoke the Command line interface with an option switch.
Windows XP: Start / Run... / Command
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
SOURCE: blackberry error 513
1. Install the desktop software.
2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
3. Pull the battery out of your device.
4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
7. Select the application loader icon.
8. Select all software you want installed.
9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
this error comes from not allowing the Blackberry to complete the installation or update.
Just go into your Desktop manager and application loader and reinstall your Operating System
make sure you check what you want installed.
but before you do anything, remove the battery and replace it in the phone, this will reboot the software.
if it comes up your all good.
if you get the error again then reinstall the blackberry os
her is a link to help if desktop manager doesn't recognize your device.
Good Luck and be VERY Patient with the install let it complete
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 02, 2010 | AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8310 Cell Phone -...
Nov 06, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Apr 04, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry? Curve 8330 Cellular Phone
Dec 23, 2008 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Nov 28, 2008 | AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8310 Cell Phone -...
Jul 14, 2008 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: