An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: connecting PC to television
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
Initially, try the lowest possible Screen Resolution in the PC's Display Properties. You could also try lowering the Screen refresh Rates. This is especially so if the PC connects to the TV using composite (yellow) video out or S-Video. In some video cards/settings, it may be necessary to enable twin/dual view in the display properties.
Good luck and Thank you for using FixYa. Happy New Year.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
• You can check if the product is working properly using the Self-Diagnosis function. • If a blank screen is displayed and the Power LED blinks even if the product and the PC are properly connected, perform the self-diagnosis function according to the procedures below. 1. Turn the product and the PC off. 2. Separate the signal cable from the product . 3. Turn the product on. 4. If the product is working properly, the message appears. In this case, if a blank screen is displayed again, make sure that there is no problem with the PC and the connection. The product is working properly.
Is a blank screen displayed and does the power LED blink at a 1 second interval?
1. This occurs when the power saving function is running. If you click the mouse or press any key, the screen will be turned on. 2. This occurs when two monitors are connected, is and Magictune is running. In this case, characters on the Magictune OSD may appear corrupted. To run the Magictune, the must be set to . Please restart your PC, set the to and run the Magictune.
If you turn the monitor off then about 1020 sec turn it back on and have
a picture for five sec again it sound like the power supply in the
monitor. but if that did not solve the problem, the
picture board on your monitor is bad, since it goes off after few
seconds and the power led or button is on, it means the
board of your monitor has developed fault and will need to be replace.
advice you replace the picture board on the screen of your monitor to
solve the problem of the blank screen.
The picture board on your monitor is bad, since it goes blank after five seconds, it shows that the
board of your monitor has developed fault.
The best thing for you
do now is to take the monitor to a local repairer within your vicinity
to help with the replacement of the picture board
because the fault is not something you can fix yourself, in order not to
Look for caps and see my pictures to see what bad caps look like, you may ahve dead inverter board. Most common failures in the LCD monitors are bad capacitors (bulging top/seal or leaking) in the power supply, failed inverter circuits (blown fuse, shorted transistors, shorted/open transformers), bad lamps (poor solder connections or worn out lamps). You will need to open it up and inspect the inside, see example of failed monitors to get some ideas what to look for: http://s807.photobucket.com/home/budm/allalbums Post back what you see inside so we can guide you further and it will help out other people in the future also. http://www.badcaps.net http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
Sounds like there could be a short in your video cable. I had this problem occur where i would boot up my pc and after about 5 seconds the screen would go blank. Also give your monitor a reset manually after starting up your box. Just unplug the power cable to it for about 10 secs and see if that helps. Good Luck
The synchro transistor has died. The only option is to have it repaired. Just had it happen to mine, can't tell you thye cost yet though as I have a loan monitor while dell fix it. Of course they will find more than 1 item i bet. But a tch who works for samsunhg looked at it and told me it would need to have a new sync transistor. Because its dell he wouldnt touch it.
Lower down resoluction and color quality to minimum on your pc, using 'display properties' in Windows. Connect the monitor back to pc with minimal settings. If it works is done.
If it still does not work there is a major problem with the monitor. In this case It should be opened and tested inside following schematics. In this case you may need to take the monitor to a service in your area.
The monitor may not be compatible with your TV box. Basically if the monitor can't handle the refresh rate or resolution a blank screen like this will result. There should be a way to change the refresh rate or a standard refresh rate listed in the manual. What brand/,model of tv box is it?
Unplug the cable from your PC, if the monitor shows a test image, the monitor is fine and the problem is with your graphic card.
If you dont see nothing on-screen after unpluging the cable from the PC, then the monitor in damaged. Send it to repair.