- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you can plug an external monitor into the laptop, and if it works ok, the video on the laptop is going bad (chip or cable). If an external monitor works, I recommend you back up your data asap, if possible to an external hard drive. No way of telling how long before other things go wrong, and the price of fixing it might cost more than getting a new laptop.
My Amilo Pa 2548 LCD screen displays a half black & half white i did this, open backside of the laptop
take out the cooling system
clean the cpu,gpu,and all spots where the cooling system
have contact whit the motherboard
the cooling pasta had dryed out.
so there whas no cooling to cpu.and gpu
put new cooling pasta
put it back and down load FTS_nVIDIAGeForce8400MG8600MGS_715115615_1015040
driver and install it.
when you put the cooling system back
thighten the screvs by number 188.8.131.52.5.6
the screvs are numbered
then i made backup spots after every
change i made in the system
now it worksagain
sorry for my bad english spelling
i hope it helps some one out there
- if an LCD screen is broken, it would show white patches.
- Ensure that the display is not in demo mode. (Usually in Demo, one half would be normal, where as the other would be a preview of some custom setting
- Check the display controls below the LCD Screen to change them.
Please try these first, then you can go for a replacement, if these don't help
It sounds like the ribbon connector or flexible connector is not seated quite right. I would open up the unit again and carefully inspect this or any other cable that you had unplugged. Reseat these properly and power it up again.
These cables can be very easy to damage if not replaced properly. Take special care.