Question about Dell Inspiron 531s Desktop Computer
My computer wont run any programs in normal mode. i can get on the internet but not through the internet explorer only through firefox. when i try and run any programs it says i am not the administrator or it wont open or it will open but it will then lock the page and it wont run.
That is because you are not logged in as Administrator. To have full access on the computer, you should log in in your administrator account. Go to Start, Control Panel, User Accounts. Choose the Administrator account. Putting a password for the Administrator account is optional. When done, restart your computer.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
I am assuning you are using Vista as your OS, since you're talking about administrator privileges.
You will need a Vista disk. If you purchased the PC and it did not come with a disk, there is typically an option in START -> ACCESSORIES -> SYSTEM TOOLS to burn a copy of Vista. Please note: you can ONLY DO THIS ONCE. Once you have your Vista installation DVD burned, or if you already have it, simply put the DVD into your DVD drive and boot from it. Follow the instructions to reinstall Vista. I would recommend reformatting the hard drive during the course of installation. You will see the option to do so when reinstalling. If you put the disk in the drive and it fails to boot, then you will have to configure your BIOS to boot from DVD drive first. This can be done several ways depending on your BIOS, but usually is a matter of pressing the <ESC>, <DEL>, or <F1> key right after rebooting the computer. Sometimes you will also have a boot menu accessed by pressing <F12> while booting. Hope this helps :)
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
If you have Vista, then do the Dell Factory Image Restore. But before you begin, remove non-essential peripherals (scanners, printers, USB devices such as flash drives, external hdd, etc.).
Fixya recommends you backup important files and data before you proceed, if possible.
If you are not already using a backup program to protect your data, or you have been backing up your important files to your hard drive (which will be erased by the restore or reinstall), then use the following instructions to quickly back up your important files to a CD, DVD or USB device.
Shut your computer down. Here are the steps:
1. Turn on the computer.
2. As the computer starts, press <F8> (keep on tapping on it) on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen. (Note: You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.)
3. Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK. (This will be a drop-down menu. The default user will be "Administrator". Select your own user name from here. It's the same user name when you log on to Windows. Then type your password.)
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
9. Click Next. (The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.)
10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received. Then go through the initial set-up process (the thing you did when first got the system out of the box.)..
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2014 | Proscan 7-Inch Android Internet Tablet,...
Apr 20, 2014 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Dec 31, 2010 | Samsung Computers & Internet
Dec 03, 2010 | Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009
Aug 12, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
Mar 13, 2010 | Acer Aspire M5641 PC Desktop
Feb 28, 2010 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Jul 11, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 Full...
Jun 01, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A300-0CF035 Notebook
Jul 08, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 600M Notebook
644 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: