Question about RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
My blackberry pearl says "APP Error 523" and it says to "reset" but then i will lose everything on my phone. WHAT DO I DO??????!!!?!?!!!?!
Try to connect to it using the desktop software. you can download this from either your service provider website or, blackberry.com If you can connect to it back the phone up using the software then reset it to factory and put the backup on phone using the same software ... it will be for pearl 8100. If you cannot connect to phone you can try the service provider to see if they can recover it. But I am guessing the software below will be able to connect to it
Here is another solution step by step:
1. Install the software from the CD (that you received with the device), or download it from the service provider (AT&T).
2. Delete or rename the vendor.xml file, here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (you're windows file options needs to be set to 'show system files', to see said file...
3. Open Desktop Manager (DM)...
4. Connect the Red Pearl (since am sure that's what you have!)...
5. Doing this will force the pc to see the BlackBerry as new hardware, and thus force it to reload the Operating System (OS)...
6. During the process, select YES to do a backup...
7. The whole process should take about 30-45 minutes...
But, since this has happened so many times, I have to ask myself, is it something you're doing that it causing this? I know the Red Pearls from AT&T have had issues from DAY ONE!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2015 | RIM BlackBerry 8700
Apr 02, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Nov 17, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Nov 15, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Jul 12, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Jan 07, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!