Question about Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Trying 2 reg Nuvi 200 and down load usb drivers and lost all maps. Display reads "NO detailed maps found that support routing. The Nuvi Cannot be used without them." Can U Help
Contact Garmins Tech support hot Line they will walk you through the process and if they can't fix it over the phone they will send you a disk that will completely fix the "NO detailed maps found that support routing" I have contacted them with the same problem and the disc was free of charge.
Posted on May 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
MY GARMIN NUVI 200W NOT WRONG AND SAY NODETAILED MAPS FOUND THAT SUPPORT ROUTING. THE NUVI CANNT BE USED WITHOUT THEM
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
SOURCE: Garmin Nuvi 200 Maps Disappeared
Hope this helps!
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps"
2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse
3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID
4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button.
5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file.
6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code.
7. Download Img2Gps and run
8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it.
9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in.
10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin
11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card.
12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card
13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS
14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again.
15. Upload will take a while.
16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory.
17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension).
18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file.
19. Close the file.
20. Disconnect the Garmin.
21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
You can download new maps..........free......................but..........
I had this problem last year with my garmin 200 and when I called they said that I was out of the 60 day time window for a free map upgrade but they would give it to me anyway. They gave me detailed instructions on how to download a new map free of charge but they didnt explain which selection replaced what I already had on mine.
As a result, I downloaded the wrong maps and have much less detail. Even though its the "2009" version, its less acurate than my old maps were. But its worth a shot, better than paying for them.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
This error is caused by a corrupt or missing map unlock code. Please email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org and I will talk you through on how to fix the problem.
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2014 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Nov 04, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
May 21, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200 Car GPS Receiver
Jul 11, 2009 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
May 28, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Apr 22, 2009 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Dec 01, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Oct 28, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Feb 05, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot c510 Deluxe GPS...
926 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: