The buttons do not work well. The down button does not work well.The remote is aout 3 years old . Can the remote be replaced with out replacing the box? We tried to just 0purchased the remote but was not sucessful.
Most modern infrared remotes have a tendancy, after much use, for the contact between the button and the pad to get dirty or greasy or tarnished, etc.. I've serviced many of them and I take them apart (some not easy--have to remove a screw--maybe not). Anyway the pad surface has to be cleaned. I use a cloth dampened with alcohol and wipe over them and in some cases I need to take a soft pencil eraser and polish them. Hardest part is getting the unit apart.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To unlock the Region Code on a Panasonic DMR EZ48 using a One for All - URC 7040
1. Switch on the player (make sure the drive select is DVD). 2. Select DVD on the URC. 3. Hold the magic button on the URC until the DVD button on the URC blinks twice 4. Enter device code 0490 on the URC, (DVD button blinks twice), URC takes control of the Player.
Point the URC at the Player and program the URC buttons using the following procedure:
1. Hold magic button until the DVD button on the URC blinks twice 2. Press 994 (DVD button blinks twice) 3. Briefly press magic. 4. Enter 4 digit code 1911 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 5. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 6. Enter 4 digit code 1202 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 7. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 8. Enter 4 digit code 0653 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 9. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 10. Enter 4 digit code 1804 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 11. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 12. Enter 4 digit code 1435 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 13. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 14. Enter 4 digit code 1556 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 15. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 16. Enter 4 digit code 1227 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 17. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 18. Enter 4 digit code 1178 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 19. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 20. Enter 4 digit code 1299 (DVD button on URC blinks twice) 21. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 22. Enter 4 digit code 1230 (DVD button on URC blinks twice)
23. Press the One For All URC buttons in the following sequence
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, THEN hold down 0 until "HELLO" appears in the display;
After about 1 minute the Player comes back to life as Multi Region. --
i have a goodmans tv GTV69RFDT and i have brought a one for all remote urc-3920-urc 3940. All the codes dont work, i have tried the seach method and still nothing is working properly, i get the number buttons and volume but no up channel and down or menu button. Need help
I found the manual online for the URC-7710, but i do not see a code for an Acer TV.
Try a code search by following these steps:
1. Turn on TV. 2. Hold down the Magic button, the red light will blink once then twice, release the Magic button. 3. Press 991, the red light will blink twice. 4. Press power button once. 5. Aim remote at TV and press the Channel Up button repeatedly (up to 150 times) until TV turns off. Note: if you skipped the code that turned the TV off you can go back by pressing the Channel Down button once. 6. Press the Magic button to store the code for your TV set.
I determined that the Philco Remote Control that I wanted to program for use on a Magnavox tv was too old (20+ Years) and dead. It also did not have the features of a new Universal Remote. So, I tosed the Philco remote and purchased a new Universal Remote Control.
It would be best, to simply buy a new remote control. I own a One-for-All universal remote control (model URC-4220), and it works with all brands of TVs, including Insignia TVs. I bought it at Walmart, and it cost less than $10.
If you do not have a code for method one or two you can try a automatic scan. This will scan for every possible
code that the device will have.
1 – Turn on the device you want the remote to control. If you are using a VHS or DVD player please make
sure that it is playing a dvd/video before you start.
2 – Press and hold the DEVICE key you wish to program for 3 seconds. The LED will light up upon
Key press and will go off ater3 seconds ,now release the button.
3 – Press and release the PLAY button and the code search will begin. The LED flashes every one second
when a code has been successfully sent.
4 – When your device turns off, press and release the pause button on your URC, the LED will
remain on once pressed.
5 –In order to now turn your device back on press the CH – button on your URC, if it does not respond
then continually press the CH – button in 2 second intervals until your device switches back on.
6 – Once your URC is successfully controlling the device, press and release the EXIT button on your
URC, the LED will flash quickly four times and then go off.