Question about GE ZMC1095SB 800 Watts Convection / Microwave Oven
Hello, I just tried re-heating some leftovers in my microwave. We moved in our house this past September, and hadn't had a problem before this. I pressed start, and the microwave completely shut off. The display is gone, it won't beep, nothing. I tried unplugging the plug and replugging it in. I also tried flipping the circuit, and nothing happened. The microwave is a GE SpacemakerXL, 1000 watts. Thanks very much for your help, and please let me know if you need more information; I have the owner's manual but it just said to do the things I mentioned above.
Sounds like it blew the fuse, and when the fuse blows immediately upon hitting the START button, I'd say you have a shorted high voltage capacitor. But it may also be an open thermal cutout on or near the magnetron or just a fuse. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your actual model number (like JVM1860B01, not XL1800 or Spacemaker) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Posted on May 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 26, 2011 | Daewoo KOR1NOA Microwave Oven
Nov 28, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Basic Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Sep 30, 2010 | Whirlpool Accuwave Microwave Oven
Jun 27, 2010 | Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven
Apr 21, 2009 | Frigidaire PLMV168 Microwave Oven
Dec 10, 2008 | Whirlpool GH8155XM Microwave Oven
Oct 08, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!