Question about Hoover Steam Vac Dual V w/ SpinScrub Vacuum
Whenever I attach the cleaning tool, the cleaning solution leaks from the bottom. When I turn the machine on, it spays out the side too. The machine works fine if I am not using the tool. When I am done using the tool, I have to run the vac over the carpet to **** up the leak. Not sure what is going on. Please help.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Leaking Hoover Steamvac
Either you have a crack in the tank and it is running down the indise of the handle and going out the bottom, or there is a water line off either under where the tank sits or under the top cover.
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
The water hose plugs into the solution valve-pressure on the side of the noozle(bottom). There may be a water line that has come loose there, you will have to take the top off to get to it.
Posted on Apr 20, 2008
SOURCE: Clean water coming out of sides
Hoover SteamVac Ultra (model F5883-900) Threw it away, and had to buy a new machine. Sorry, but I found it more difficult to deal with the housing unit on the machine and just couldn't deal with it anymore. I hope you have better luck than I did with it. I couldn't find ANY help on ANY web sites for this model, just too old I guess.
Posted on Jul 28, 2008
you have either a cracked housing, or a valve is stuck open. if you can spray a small amount of wd49 into the valve, and work it a little, youmay be able to dislodge whateverdeposits have built up in there.
Posted on Jun 21, 2009
SOURCE: my Hoover steam vac dual
This is a common problem with the earlier models which had a separate soap tank glued to the clean water tank. The plastic was too thin beneath the valve on the clean water side and would develop cracks. You most likely will need a new one piece tank. ( Part # 42272104)
Posted on May 21, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2016 | HOOVER COMPANY Steamvac Deluxe
Feb 25, 2015 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
Sep 07, 2014 | Hoover F5906-900 Upright Steam Vacuum
Dec 20, 2012 | Hoover F5835900 Upright Steam Vacuum
Aug 18, 2011 | Vacuums
Please check the following with liquid in both tanks.
- Check to see if the machine will spray through the hose with the setting on tools. If it does, the pump is fine. Continue troubleshooting.
- Check for debris on spray tips. Clean them with a soft brush (on old tooth brush works well). The spray tips may be lifted out for easier access.
- Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
- Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly. Depress the x on this gasket to ensure this depresses and release back out. Liquid from the tank should dispense.
- Remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
If these suggestions do not resolve your issue, contact BISSELL Consumer Services.
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Sep 27, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
May 16, 2010 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Jan 01, 2010 | Hoover F5906-900 Upright Steam Vacuum
Dec 02, 2009 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Jul 19, 2009 | Hoover F5906-900 Upright Steam Vacuum
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: