Question about RCA DRC105N DVD Player
If the DVD is not reading any CD, or DVD, then it is often a lens problem.
Try first cleaning lens with a lens cleaner DVD, possibly one with cleaning solution, that can be purchased at any computer & electronics shop.
If that does not work the unit must be taken apart, to clean the lens pickup with isopropyl alcohol and soft cotton tips.
If this happens only with a single DVD , then the disk is dirty , scratched or defective, or , if it is blank the unit does not like the particular brand.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jun 16, 2012 | Computers & Internet
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Mar 25, 2010 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Jul 10, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 N200 Notebook - Intel Celeron...
Apr 04, 2009 | Kingston Technologies 512MB DataTraveler I...
Dec 23, 2008 | IBM Iomega ZIP 750 (22P7099) External ZIP...
Oct 06, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2007 | Computers & Internet
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: