I have email working perfectly on my 6300.
BUT: I received one email message which, for some reason, cannot be deleted from the incoming email folder.
In fact, after initially downloading this message as a message header only (my default setting) I was unable to download the full message.
I've tried moving the message to another folder -- but it won't be moved.
And I've also deleted the associated email account and the tried to delete the actual mail folder itself, but at this point the phone hangs at the progress bar for the delete process. Restarting the email app reveals the message and folder still there.
I just can't get rid of this message! Can anybody help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sometimes there is a limit on the TOTAL number of messages saved within your phone, not simply your RECEIVED messages. Have you double-checked that you deleted "sent" and "draft" messages as well? You phone may also have a "trash" or "deleted" folder for messages, which may have to be cleared before you can receive more.
When you have an email account linked to your BlackBerry Tour, you can read, send, and delete email messages just like if you were sitting at a computer. And just like when you use a computer to send or receive email, your deleted emails don't get erased completely -- they get moved into a deleted items folder (sometimes hidden, sometimes visible) in case you ever want to recover them. If you know you won't need to recover those emails, or if you want to free up some extra storage space, you can purge your deleted email messages from your BlackBerry.
To purge deleted emails on a BlackBerry Tour, follow the steps below.
- Open your email folder (or the Messages folder, if you have it set up to display your emails) on your BlackBerry.
- Press the BlackBerry key (the key to the left of the trackball with seven dots on it).
- Scroll down the list of choices to Options and select it.
- Select Email Reconciliation.
- Press the BlackBerry key again.
- Select Purge Deleted Items.
- A confirmation message will appear; choose Yes if you're sure you want to purge your deleted emails.
Note: Purging your deleted items folder will only erase messages that you've previously deleted. Any emails that you have in your inbox (or in any other folder) won't be affected. If you have more than one email account set up on your BlackBerry, purging deleted items from one account won't affect the others.
to solve this problem u have to create a folder in msg
1. go to msg
2.click to my folder.
3. then create a folder there
4. then select your msges by multiple select and send them to the folder you create.
5.delete unwanted msgs.
6.switch off ur phn then on.....
Is your phone registered? If not call t-mobile (611) and tell them that your phone isnt registered they will register it for you. Then you will have to resend all the messages but it sounds like your phone is registered. I would call t-mobile.