How do I Remove Front Cover Screen of Hitachi 53SBX59B53 Projection TV???
How do I Remove Front Cover Screen of Hitachi 53SBX59B53 Projection TV to replace convergence ICs?
My TV picture bows down from the top and up from the bottom. I also ran a magic focus which stopped half way through, then a green 3 popped up! The picture is also out of focus.
I plan to replace the following. . . [convergence ICs stk392-150], but can't gain access to front of TV? I am able to easily remove the speaker cover on front of TV as well as the lower rear TV panel, but the convergence board is located somewhere in front assembly.
Also, I could not find the replacement part [stk392-150] at web site www.digikey.com Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you take off the back cover all the screws down to the bottom and remove the speaker cover then remove the screws that hold the screen in on either side of the speakers and you should be able to remove it. I am not 100% certain that is how Hitachi does it but that is how my Sony is and my Panasonic was
Remove the front cover from the TV set. This is held by a snap on. Pull the front cover outwards until the quick snap on disengages.
Remove the screw securing the lamp cover with a Phillips head screw driver
Remove the two screws that hold the lamp in place. Remove the lamp unit by holding the lamp handle, then pulling outwards.
Exercise caution when removing the lamp unit to avoid injury to your fingers
Replace with the new lamp.
Place the removed lamp into the empty box of the replacement lamp. Do not touch the front glass of the new lamp or its
receptacle. This may shorten the life of the lamp and reduce the picture quality.
• Push the lamp unit back to its original position.
• Tighten the screws firmly on the lamp unit. If they are loose, the TV may not operate correctly. Install the front cover. There is also a video on youtube just do a search on how to install a projection lamp. Hope this is helpful
To remove the protection screen and lens from my Hitachi model 53SDX89BA:
1) Remove the speaker cover from the bottom. It is attached by velcro.
2) Remove the 4 screws on 4 plastic tabs on the bottom of the screen frame.
3) Remove the 4 screws on the 4 metal tabs on the bottom beneath the screen frame.
4) Pry the bottom corners loose with a wide blade screw driver and work both sides of the screen frame away from the case from the bottom up. CAUTION: The top does not snap away as the sides do. When the sides are loose let the screen frame hang down vertical and lift the screen frame straight up.
5) The protection screen and the lens will come off together.
When reinstalling the screen frame perform the steps in reverse. Be careful when resnapping the frame back onto the case - there are two small wooden support blocks on the bottom. Don't try to force the frame back on until you are sure the bottom of the frame clears these block. You may find it easier just to remove them temporarily until the frame is reattached.
Yes you can safely clean tv, just remove front speaker panel and you should see screws holding up front prot. screen. Becareful not to snap screws. You can take screen out and there is a mirror that you can clean and 3 lenses.