An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: hp 5500 dtn won't initilize
1. Make sure the rear fan is running, indicating the system is operational.
2. Verify that the firmware DIMM and the formattter are seated and operating properlty,
3. Remove any Jetdirect or other EIO cards, Then try to reinit the printer again (Turn the printer back on).
I have found that if the Jetdirect card goes bad that it will halt the init proccess on the printer.
you can find out if the Jetdirect card is working just by typing in the IP address for the embedded web server
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First thing you need to do is establish whether the print engine itself is at fault, or not.
From the relevant printer front panel menu, invoke printing of one or more of the available reports (configuration, font list, etc.); do these print?
If the reports print OK, try to send some plain text to the device.
On a Windows system, you could do this by using the DOS copy command in conjunction with an appropruate net use command to redirect LPT1: to the (USB) port associated with the relevant Windows printer instance.
Print Cartridge Motor Error.
Try removing then re-installing the cartridge. If that does not work then you will need to try a different toner cartridge as the toner cartridge is "locked up". These are the most common solutions. If none of these work then you have a cartridge drive problem and will need to contact a service center.
This your problem.
13.10 PAPER JAM The event log message for a paper-delay jam in the duplexer is 13.10.
1. Check the duplexer and the rear area of the printer for obstructions or damage.
2. Check PS1701 and PS1703 in the duplexer for correct operation. Replace the
duplexer if a sensor is defective.