Question about Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Occasionally I get a loud popping through all my zone one speakers. Any ideas or suggestions?
It could be a number of things,
1. an electrical short in the house. Try plugging it into another circuit with an extension cord.
2. A bad RCA cable that is input from one of your sources.
3. its probably a bad unit if you have Zone one and two playing at the same time the same source, but it only happens on zone 1.
4. a bad speaker can make a poping like sound, does it happen on all speakers? unplug all but one and one at a time try to determine if the problem sticks, if not, then one of the speakers is out of phase or blown.
5. Playing music froma computer source will sometimes make a pop if your computer is slow or bogged down with checking emails..etc. mine sometimes studders PPPPPPPrioRRRRRity CCCCCLLLLLLLLEEEEERRRRANCCCEE AAAAAAALLLLPPPPPHAAAA OOOOOOONE.
it also pops real loud when booting or shutting down.
Personal note ........windows is such a hassle for Media systems.
I hope something here helps!
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2013 | Onkyo TX-SR605 Receiver
Jan 12, 2011 | Onkyo TX-SR603X Receiver
Feb 27, 2010 | Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Feb 09, 2010 | Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Aug 15, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Aug 08, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Apr 10, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Feb 27, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Jan 19, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Jan 26, 2008 | Yamaha HTR-5660 Receiver
270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!