Question about Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Problem does not appear in manual. Wondering how to
The waste Ink absorber is a small, deep sponge, located where the cartridges rest when the printer is idle. Although you can technically reset the counter on the amount of ink held in the absorber, if you overfill it, over time you will start to have color staining on your cartridges, since your carts clean up on it after every cycle, at the extreme, you can have ink residue build up under your printer. Online printer supply shops can sell you a replacement absorber cheap.
You will need some rubber gloves, rubbing alcohol, and a small prying tool.
1) Locate the absorber at the bottom right of the cartridge path
2) With gloves on, pry up the absorber (if you have the almost full warning, be prepared for some good splatter.)
3) In a small dish with a small amount of rubbing alcohol, shake the absorber around for a short while to moisten the outer ink.
4) Rinse the absorber in a metal sink (porcelain can stain) with more alcohol, then leave it to dry.
5) Replace and make sure the absorber is seated the same as when you took it out.
Then you want to reset the counter for the absorber.
1) Enter the Service Menu by keying = Menu,Scan,Copy,Scan.
2) Use the arrows to navigate to Service Menu Counter Access. then press OK.
3) Use the arrows to navigate to ABS-M Dot Count, press Copy.
4) Use the arrows until the count is zero, press OK then Reset.
5) For good measure, turn the printer off and on.
hope this helps pls appreciate by rating as fixyaa
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP8500 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 12, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 09, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 22, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP3300 InkJet Photo Printer
May 11, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!