Moisture Sensor Location
It could be the sensor. However, check the exhaust vent for restrictions first.
you can test the moisture sensor
Damp Dry Test
1. Set the following
Timer- DAMP DRY
Fabric Care/Temperature switch- COTTON HIGH
Wrinkle Guard switch- OFF
Signal switch- LOUD
Door- must be closed
2. Press the PUSH TO START switch. After approximately 16 seconds, the Timer will start to advance to the OFF position, and the ?End of Cycle? signal will sound. If one or more of these functions do not occur, proceed to the Factory Test.
The Factory Test allows factory/service personnel to test and verify all inputs to the Even Heat control. The basic operation of this test is to notify the operator with an audible beep every time the status of an input to the control changes state.
Activating the Test Mode
1. Set the following configuration:
Door- must be open
Fabric Care/Temperature switch- AIR FLUFF
Signal switch- LOUD
Timer- TIMED DRY OR AUTO MOISTURE SESING PLUS selection
2. Turn the Wrinkle Guard switch from OFF to ON three times within a five second period. A single beep will sound to indicate that the factory test mode is activated.
NOTE: If any of these initial conditions are not satisfied, the control will not enter the test mode.
Test Mode Functionality
When the control is in the Factory Test mode, every input change of state will result in a beep (with the exception of the Signal switch). This includes:
Moisture Sensor (short/open Sensor will result in a beep) NOTE: A moistened finger or damp cloth may also be used.
Fabric Care/ Temperature switch
Wrinkle Guard switch
Push to Start (PTS) switch (with the door switch closed)
Timer (any cam input change will result in a beep) NOTE: Timer will advance during test.
If any of the inputs do not result in a beep, proceed to the following component tests
If the dryer shuts off too soon when set to the AUTO MOISTURE SENSING PLUS cycle, check the following:
-EVEN HEAT CONTROL
1. Test the Moisture Sensor by following the procedure outlined in ?Factory Test?, beginning on page 3. If the Moisture sensor fails the ?Factory Test? (does not produce a beep sound), check the Moisture Sensor.
a. If there is continuity to Ground for Yellow/Red (Y/R) wire with no load, look for a short in the Sensor or Y/R wire. Verify harness connections both at the Sensor and the Even Heat control.
b. If the Sensor and Y/R wire are good, replace the Even Heat control.
2. If Factory Test passed, verify thermistor by performing test procedures outlined in ?Thermistor Test?
3. If problem persists after replacing Moisture Sensor and thermistor
Aug 27, 2007 |
Kenmore 62972 Electric Dryer