I've owned this unit since it first came out, and it's worked fine, until now. It worked fine on the way to work the other morning, but on the way back it did not. The D-mask flips around as it should, but there is no display. The radio plays faintly but you can't change the volume, station, source, etc...
I'm thinking it's finally bit the dust, but has anyone else had a problem like this that was able to rectify it?
Thanks in advance!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Just had the same thing happen to my new pioneer system. My truck battery died because I was jamming to the new installation, and the system just suddenly turned off. I charged the battery and the unit came on all the lights menus and displays worked like normal but there was no sound coming from the speakers. I checked all the fuses in the truck but none were burnt out. So I remembered there was a fuse on the back if the unit so I had to pull the unit back out. I checked the fuse and it was fine. I unplugged the wiring harness from the unit, plugged it back in and IT WORKED so I'm not sure exactly what was wrong with it, but I suspect when I unplugged the harness it reset the unit. So maybe this will work for your installation as well. Not exactly a high tech answer but maybe it will help ya! Good luck
maybe short circuit or similiar problem inside since its geting hot, probably not a problem with the faceplate I would remove the cd player from your car and take it to a professional for a diagnosis / repair estimate. Can't solve this one with text only.
it has nothing to do with the input...just press src until you get to standby then hold menu until the menu is displayed. toggle down to aux then toggle right to turn it on...hit menu to save and youre all set, the aux will appear when go through the source menu.
On a slightly different model and only if you would venture to try:
with the iPod via cable plugged to the iP-Bus port and the unit powered off but the powersupply on -
1. press and hold for a couple of seconds the Function button (FUNC) or till the clock starts to flash;
2. the arrow keys (left/right) will move you through the different menu settings;
3. the arrow keys (up/down) will move you through the different selection for each setting;
4. look for source, external, AUX, iPod or whatever will be displayed which may refer to an external input;
5. soon as you have enabled/set the AUX, press and hold the FUNC button while turning the unit on. This will save the current setup.
Hope this also work for your DEH-P3000.
Good luck and kind regards.
i had the same proplem, inside buttons not working, took unit appart (quite easy). you just need to remember where all the little screws go back into.
i need that cable though!! thanx for the part number!!