I have a TSSTcorp cd dvdw ts-l633a combi drive fitted as standard to my brand new laptop but nothing appears on 'my computer' and device manager shows yellow ex mark against CDROM. Any ideas?
Follow these steps to resolve your cd dvd issue. It’s mostly caused by an error in the registry.
Before you proceed, create a backup of your registry.
Manual steps to back up the registry in Windows XP
1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then click OK.
2. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Create a restore point, and then click Next.
3. On the Create a Restore Point page, type a name for the restore point and then click Create
4. After the restore point has been created, click Close.
Note If System Restore is turned off, you receive a message that asks whether you want to turn on System Restore now. Click Yes. Then, in the System Properties dialog box, click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box, click OK, and then repeat this step.
The next step is as follows:
First and foremost, go to My Computer; right click on properties, hardware, and then Device Manager.
Right click on the CD DVD drive and uninstall it, then click OK, then close.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
That's it, guys!!
Till next time, take care of your laptop.
Sep 30, 2009 |
Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook