Question about IBM ThinkPad 600 E Notebook
Hi.own ibm thinkpad 600e os win.2000 reseting BIOS battery and safe mode wont work.please help|
Please read carefully the following steps. You may need to print this.
1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
It is really very easy to reset passwords for windows, but if you don't know what you are doing you might end up with only one solution and it is to reformat and re install windows!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad T43 Notebook
on Jun 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Apr 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 01, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad 600E 2645 Notebook
Jan 23, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad 570 2644 Notebook
on Mar 29, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 23, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad 600E 2645 Notebook
Jul 09, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad 600 E Notebook
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!