Question about Philips 46PP9302 46" Rear Projection Television
Your TV most likely has one or more possible problems.
Problem #1: Convergence Chip Failure ( common problem )
Here are some of the most common symptoms and example photos of a convergence problem
Here is a quick test....
Using your original remote go-to the tv settings then goto the convergence section.
Try to adjust the red and then the blue convergence.
You should be able to move them up, down, left, and right.
If you can't move them in all directions your convergence chips are bad and should be replaced. This is a common problem.
You need to replace the convergence chips and convergence resistors. Check the site www.TvRepairKits.com. They have put together a kits for most models. If you don't see a kit for your set send them a quick note and they will put one together for you. Their kits include a photo instruction guide, original OEM Sanyo STK chips, convergence resistors, pico fuses, etc.
Problem #2 CRT Fluid is Cloudy
Projection TV tubes have a liquid coolant that is used to keep them from overheating. After many years the coolant in the blue and green tubes will become cloudy and cause the screen to look dull, red/orange, etc. You may even see halos around images.
Picture of a set that needs the fluid changed.
TV set afphillips 46pp93 - 65af323.jpghange
What you will need to do is replace the coolant and clean the crt. You can get a repair kit from www.TvRepairKits.com that includes replacement coolant, photos. instructions, etc.
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2012 | Mitsubishi WS-65809 65" Rear Projection...
Apr 27, 2012 | Philips 60PW9363 60" Rear Projection...
Sep 26, 2010 | Cameras
May 29, 2010 | Philips 46PP9302 46" Rear Projection...
Mar 15, 2010 | Sony KP-51HW40 51" Rear Projection...
Dec 20, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-65809 65" Rear Projection...
Jun 04, 2008 | Philips 51PW9303 51" Rear Projection...
1. To enter the Service Alignment Mode (SAM), press the following key sequence on the remote control transmitter: 0-6-2-5-9-6-Status.
2. From the top level SAM menu, use the Menu Up/Down keys to highlight the Geometry sub menu.
3. Use the Menu Left/Right keys to enter the Geometry sub menu.
4. In the Geometry sub-menu, use the Menu Up/Down buttons to select VAM.
5. Using the Menu Left/Right keys, adjust VSH so that the horizontal bar is properly centered, top to bottom.
6. Using the cursor up/down keys, select VAM from the Geometry sub-menu, and use the Menu Right key to
increase the value to obtain a slight overscan.
7. If other Geometry adjustments are needed, proceed to the necessary adjustment using the Menu Up/Down
8. Upon completion of Geometry adjustments, press the Menu button to return to the top level SAM menu.
9. To exit the Service Alignment Mode, turn the set off with the Power button on the remote control.
Oct 30, 2007 | Philips 19PR19 19" TV
Aug 18, 2007 | Philips 60P8342 60" Rear Projection...
206 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!