An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: A blue screen appears in the place of my screensaver.
I) whenever u keep ur system idle for few minutes or longer time ur system goes in screen saver mode, in order to know more about it......
Screen Saver Mode: when u keep ur system idle for few minutes(say more 10 min or any or u might u kept system idle while you some work to doo...) in such a case u will have graphical picture of a blue screen evolved on your screen, you can even changethe picture or screen saver and keep your own.....
right click on desktop(close all the windows) and select the button Screen Saver and configure to apply your own screen saver(try to explore and learn about it....
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Depending on the operating system you have to go to the display setting to activate your screen saver. You can right click anywhere in the background and press on properties, the select screen saver on the tabs from top for windows XP or earlier. It's similar for win vista, 7 and 8 but its placed differently on the left side whe you select display properties.
Insert your Windows XP CD, save the bios settings and exit. Soon "Press any key to boot of CD" will appear on the screen, hit the space bar to continue.
Now setup will inspect your hardware and software, it then will load various files required for the repair. Just wait and be patient, this may take a few moments.
Soon a menu will appear (as pictured below), press enter to continue.
Now the "End User Agreement" Press "F8" if you agree, "ESC" if you don't.
You will now have to select the installation you wish to repair. Usually there is only one, but sometimes, there may be 2 or more (i.e. you have done a parallel install to resolve a problem), use the up/down arrow key to select the install, and then press "R" to continue.
Setup will now examine the disk be patient, it can take a few minutes.
Setup will go through a percentage - 1 to 100%
A screen will soon appear. Press "F3" to continue
Now setup will reboot system, wait 15 seconds or just press enter.
Now it is time to see if this has solved your problems.
1) Switch on laptop 2) It will say something like press X to enter setup where X=F2, del or esc 3) This will present you with a blue and white screen called the Bios screen, leave it on that screen fro about a hour, then try moving the cursor keys to see if the bar moves around. If the bar doesnt move this indicates your laptop is overheating and you will need to book into a reputable PC shop for repair
dont need a code just get a toggle switch and hook that to the yellow/blue wire and with the other side ground to the small lil screw where you will see a small lil short wire and then all u have to do is fallow the screen with the e brake but just flip the switch 3 times with the whole one sec then off for 3 sec then on
try to take your sim card out and then turn it on or take it to a local store they will hook it up to see if its ekectonical in the phone or maybe it just needs a mater reset but that isnt acessible unless the phone turns on. so pretty much your phone is old news time to get a new one, ur phone company will tell u
Is the screen frozen BEFORE or AFTER the screensaver activates? If it's after then try doing a scandisk and defrag of the hard drive to clear up errors. Also make sure to go into MY COMPUTER, right click the C: drive and in PROPERTIES runa clean up to delete the temp files that may be corrupted.
1. Change the USB Emulation Setting in the BIOS
NOTE: It is recommended to disconnect any USB devices before performing the following steps.
Restart the system. Wait until the Dell Logo appears. At the Dell Logo screen, press F2 right away to enter the System Setup. The System Setup screen will appear. Press the down arrow key to highlight Integrated Devices (LegacySelect Options). Press Enter. A small box with a list of devices appears in the middle of the screen. Press the down arrow key to highlight USB Emulation. The default setting is On. Press the Space Bar on your keyboard to change the setting to No Boot. Press the Esc key. The small box disappears. Press the Esc key again. A small box with list of options appears in the middle of the screen. Make sure that Save Changes and Exit is highlighted in blue. Press Enter. The system will then restart.
The recommended changes have now been made to the BIOS.
2. Reset the Dell Dimension desktop System Setup (BIOS) to factory defaults.
Restart the system. The Dell logo screen appears. Press F2 to enter the System Setup (BIOS). The System Setup screen appears. Press the ALT + F key combination. Press the Esc key to Save and Exit. Press Enter to Save changes and exit now. The BIOS is now set to the default settings.
format: press green button, asterisk, and the number 3. press this 3 button all together then press power on. don't let go if u see formatting release it. then wait until the formatting is finish after that its ready to use.
1. make sure you backup ALL data you want, after a format it is un-retrievable without the right tools
2. put your windows XP disk in the cd drive, and turn on PC
3. when it asks "Press any key to boot form CD" hit a key
4. a blue screen will appear with writing flashing down the bottom for a few minutes until you come to a menu
5. press "enter" to start a install
6.press "esc" when it asks if you want to repair old installation
7. highlight the relevant partition and press "d" to delete old partition, then "enter" then "L"
8. it will not go back to partition menu, in which case you select "C" to create a new partition and then "enter" and "enter" again
9. select "format the partition with the NTFS file system" it will now format the hard drive, then copy files, restart by itself then begin the second part of the instiallation which im sure you could manage