My p370 will scan several barcodes and then intermittently not even shoot a beam. Then it starts woking correctly again. At other times when I scan my first barcode in a new transaction it shoots a beam but it won"t register it on my screen- flashing that it lost its connection and for me to try again. Is there a service manual available for this scanner? If so, where? Is there anything that is in need of calibration? If so, does it require an o-scope or spectrum analyzer, or just what kind of instrument does it require? All information would be appreciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. The scanner firmware does not support it. Firmware less than rev F does not support the enter- I do not think this is your issue though. You check the firmware revision in the main menu option 4 or scan the barcode out of the Product Reference Guide.
2. Custom firmware on the scanner prevents the enter from being sent. Again check the firmware. If it starts with anything other than an N you should consider sending the device in to Motorola to have it upgraded to standard firmware.
3. The cradle firmware is less than G. If the cradle is less than G it will strip the enter off of the data being sent. If the firmware in your scanner is new enough you can check the revision using menu option 4 in the scanner.
4. An MCL application on the scanner. If you see something other than SKU: on the display the scanner has a custom application on it. The application would have to be modified to add the enter or removed from the device.
If the barcode is a UPC-A or UPC-E you would scan the Do Not Transmit UPC-A or UPC-E Check Digit barcode from the P370 Product Reference Guide.
If the barcode is something other than a UPC-A or UPC-E the last character can be stripped using Advanced Data Formatting which would require the use of 123Scan. You can download 123Scan from support.symbol.com.
Can you take apart headlight and measure voltage at low beam socket when bulb is not working? If there is not 12 V nominal at the socket, then the wiring or ZFE is defective. Your bike should still be under warranty??
I have seen one bike that had an intermittent ZFE control module and the high beam was intermittent. Ended up replacing the control module to fix it.
Hello paul blando. I think I can help you here. First, are you sure your barcodes with asterisks are Code128 like the others? Generally a Code128 barcode will look like: "(1234) 567890 (01) 123456" and wouldn't really use asterisks at all. However, I know that it is standard practice for people who make their own Code39 barcodes to start and end the code with an asterisk to denote a start/stop action. Could they be Code39? They would look like: "*123456789*". If this is the case, then I have the manual for the P370/P470 on my company's site here. Take a look at the Code39 Chapter and make sure to print and scan the pages to disable the check-digit transmittal. If that doesn't do the trick, then try the "recall defaults" or "reset to defaults" barcode to reset the scanner to it's initial defaults. That should put it on track. If you still have trouble, please feel free to send me a message or email me. I hope this helps. Good luck!
it looks like the scanner lost the settings. As power is there, so connection is ok. The several (four) beeps after reading the barcode means communication error.
Please try to find the original sheet with configuration barcodes or download it from support.symbol.com website, you would need to scan the barcode for IBM PC/AT & IBM Compatibles from Keyboard Wedge Chapter.
P370 WILL NOT connect with your terminal or base, so forget about this intent and go for the goal which is loading your programming to your scanner. According to Motorola the work around is simple and faster than trying to resolve this. Start with Reseting the scanner completly back to Defaults. In the 123Scan, PRINT Barcodes and the rules ADF Rules of your programming.
Start scanning from "Parameter Settings" until the last page barcode "Reset Scanner". That is it. Problem solved. You will need to do this for every new programming Rule.