Question about Brookstone 538744 Remote Control
I do not know the make of the receiver. the box just says DirectTV/Tivo
Sense you do not know the make of the receiver I would do a code search. This is how you do it.
With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available
on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device.
Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to
look up codes and enter them manually.
1. T urn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control
(TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. The
remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release . The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on
indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL + or CHANNEL - repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
• To exit without storing the code, press BACK.
• The unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press
CHANNEL + or CHANNEL - after the device turns on.
6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been
programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Good Luck and Please Rate FixYa!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2009 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Dec 20, 2008 | Philips DSR708R DirecTV / TiVo DTV...
Dec 09, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!