Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I am trying to scan a word document and it keeps saving it as a jpeg. Earlier I scanned a picture and it brought up adobe photoshop which I don't know why because I scanned pics before and this didn't happen and for some reason, now all my word docs have changed to jpeg files. I need to change a default setting but am not sure what it is I need to do. I have a HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one.
By default all scanned documents are images (jpeg), OCR software converts the image to text for use with Word. I do not believe the scanner can tell what format to use without your input. More information is available here at HP's Online Support.
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 09, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Mar 25, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Feb 21, 2011 | HP Photosmart C4180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 18, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 4215 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA® MP210 Printer
Dec 16, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Sep 26, 2009 | Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
You can save the scanned data on a USB memory or a memory card by using the control panel.
- You can not use USB memory card and memory card simultaneously.
1 .Select Scan (Scan) on page HOME (HOME) and then press the OK button.
The screen where you select where the data should be saved is displayed.
2 .Turn the USB memory card direct print port or memory card into the slot.
3 .Select USB flash drive (USB flash drive) or memory card (Memory card) and then press the OK button.
4 .Select Save on USB disk (Save to USB flash). The screenshot Scan documents (Scan document) is displayed.
5. State the necessary settings and then press the OK button.
6. Place the original on the glass plate as shown on the LCD screen.
7. Press the [color] (Color) for scanning in color, or button [Black] (Black) for scanning in black and white.
When the preview is enabled, press the OK button after viewing the preview pane on the LCD screen.
The machine starts scanning and the scanned data is stored either on the USB memory card. Remove the original from the glass plate, the scan is complete.
- You can only scan images continuously when you select PDF. Continue to scan the confirmation screen. You can save up to 100 pages of images in a PDF file.
- If the USB memory card or memory card becomes full while images are scanned, saved only images that are already scanned.
- You can save up to 2000 files of scanned data in both JPEG and PDF formats.
- Folder and filename of the scanned data stored on USB memory or memory card is as follows:
• Folder Name: (extensions: PDF): CANON_SC \ DOCUMENT \ 0001
• Folder Name: (File Extension: JPG): CANON_SC \ IMAGE \ 0001
• Filename: Serial number, starting from "SCN_0001"
• File dates: 01/01/2008
Mar 28, 2009 | Canon Printers & Copiers
Nov 30, 2007 | Epson Stylus CX5400 All-In-One InkJet...
228 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!